Question re: Sakuraba

Lets say that Sakuraba got that kneebar on Royce early in their fight.

And Got the decision vs. Igor.

And...

Fujita didnt get hurt vs. Kerr and actually fought Coleman and Coleman won but had to work for it.

Could Sakuraba pull it off in the final vs. Coleman?

While the hammer seems susceptible to subs, in that Grand Prix he was in a zone and looked unbeatable.

Sakuraba loved the turtle. Coleman's best weapon in PRIDE were knees to the head. I can see Coleman doing to Sakuraba exactly what he did to Allan Goes, which was extremely brutal. Phone Post

Funaki Masakatsu #1 - 

Sakuraba loved the turtle. Coleman's best weapon in PRIDE were knees to the head. I can see Coleman doing to Sakuraba exactly what he did to Allan Goes, which was extremely brutal. Phone Post

Yes but he usually turtled after a failed single leg.

Do you really think he would shoot on Coleman?

I think he would be working off his back in this one.

voorhees -
Funaki Masakatsu #1 -  Sakuraba loved the turtle. Coleman's best weapon in PRIDE were knees to the head. I can see Coleman doing to Sakuraba exactly what he did to Allan Goes, which was extremely brutal. Phone Post

Yes but he usually turtled after a failed single leg.

Do you really think he would shoot on Coleman?

I think he would be working off his back in this one.

Good point. Phone Post

ausgepicht -  While the hammer seems susceptible to subs, in that Grand Prix he was in a zone and looked unbeatable.

Was more a case of him getting a bye in the semis than anything else imo.

Hell no.

Jons Forsberg - 
Funaki Masakatsu #1 - 

actually, knees on all 4s were not allowed back then, so Coleman wouldn't be able to use them against Sak. Anyway I don't think even a fresher Sak would've gotten past Igor, too big and hit way too hard.

Another good point.

If this had happened. This thread today would read:

"Renzo vs Pre-Coleman Sakuraba. Who wins?"