Question Rooster

Look bro, not starting an arguement, I know you have an answer for this, I just can't think of what it would be.

Matherw 24:36

No one knows about that day or hjour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

the rev

No prob bro...I believe this shows the beauty of the humanity of the incarnation:

Phl 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Jesus was truly human! He was also truly God! However, while He was on earth He imposed limitations to experience life as a man, as our brother according to the flesh. He chose to live by the Spirit using only the weapons given to us (prayer, fasting and the Word).

However, once Jesus died, He cast off those limitations. No more hunger, or mortality, or weariness, or pain, or any of the other things that men feel.

When Jesus was resurrected He said:

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

ALL POWER...WOW...ALL POWER. No more limitations, but every and all power that is, was His.

I'm not sure if that explains it to you but it was another example of Him revealing His true humanity.

Let me ask you a question...

Does this reveal a co-equal, co eternal divine being when He does not know things His Father does?

Well it sure seems that atleast for the incarnation there was a distinction doesn't it?

I would say the same as you, but I would say that distinction still exists, and this sacrifice is still complete, however, being completely united with God, as we will be in heaven He has all power by proxy.

the rev

rev: Well it sure seems that atleast for the incarnation there was a distinction doesn't it?

me: absolutely. I see at times Jesus revealing His shared kinship, at other times revealing His perfect deity. At other times, I see a blending or shifting in and out of both natures.

i dont obviously understand it. "Great is the mystery of Godliness, God was manifest in the flesh..."

The incarnation is truly a biblical mystery. How can God be a man and a man be God?!!? Awesome!

you: I would say the same as you, but I would say that distinction still exists, and this sacrifice is still complete, however, being completely united with God, as we will be in heaven He has all power by proxy.

me: what do you mean by all proxy? do you think we will be God? Thanks.

"Well it sure seems that atleast for the incarnation there was a distinction doesn't it?"

Yes that is agreed on, I think. But is that enough to warrant a distinction of persons??? Does it warrant a view that seperates the two, when that distinction was bridged by Christ himself when stating, you dont have one without the other. When you see me (Christ) you see the Father, when you deny Me you deny the Father aswell etc...etc.... The exact message to the Jews was (in a round about way) the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is right here looking at you.........and yet He was not yet fifty (john 8:58)

"He has all power by proxy."

Not possible if Old Testament statements is exact, in that Y*HW would NOT give His glory to another and that there is no Savior "Apart" from HIMSELF. Christ took upon himself that exact identity, not a seperate and disinct diety. IMO

Not wanting to start another debate aswell but isnt holding strictly to the trinity definition, just as fundie???

not going there thanks

the rev

puts worm on hook

Pllleeeassse :-)

j/k