Question: Telles Turtle Guard DVD

Anyone seen it and have any comments about it? Is It a good DVD, worth the money?

Thanks!

Yes I have it.

It shows the turtle as a sweeping and attacking position.

If you are a competitor it is invaluable as you may find yourself on knees to avoid points assigned for pass.

If anything you will not get caught in a clock chocke again after watchin as he really breaks that down

Plus it has the octupus guard as a bonus disc

Is it a set to revolve your game around? No

It will however make you look at the turtle more than a stalling and waiting to re-guard position

I really liked the first dvd of this set. Kind of like Damian Maia and Andre's instructional, he talks turtle guard theory before he gets into technique. This is one of the few instructional sets that has impacted my game in a sustaining way. Definitely worth it, I'm not sure if there are other instructionals that covers this position as thorough as Telles does.

snakepitz Nailed it!

Excellent! Thanks for the information. I saw a highlight video of him, and I thought "I must learn those things".
Thanks also for mentioning there's material on defending clock chokes. I've been caught two years in a row at the same tournament, to the same guy by clock choke. :(

But here's to an opportunity for improvement :)

JM - Excellent! Thanks for the information. I saw a highlight video of him, and I thought "I must learn those things".
Thanks also for mentioning there's material on defending clock chokes. I've been caught two years in a row at the same tournament, to the same guy by clock choke. :(

But here's to an opportunity for improvement :)

The most comprehensive way to protect against clock chokes and protect in the turtle in general.

The set is worth it for you based on the fact you have got caught twice in the same sub.

Also, get it off ebay as wma puts items on there at times at a cheaper price...just gotta catch it..where i got mine

One of my all time favorite instructionals. Phone Post

I have it, its worth the money, I always enjoy a niche dvd and this one covers a very important position that doesnt get enough time spent on it during practice usually.

It's good.  Even though I implore more of a wrestling strategy and techs from that position, it opened me up to a lot of really good stuff to help out what I was already doing and some new things to add in.  Haven't watched it in a while...bout time to pop in the turtle series and pick up some more stuff.  

Brock lesnar has a better dvd on the turtle guard Phone Post

Simple yet effective moves. His sweep setups are great. If someone passes my guard I tend to turtle now because I know they will be swept. There is another one called the Turtle or something like that. My friend has that one and I must say I like Telles's better.