Question...

I very rarely go to church. But I have before. The fact that I do not go to church am I sinning against God? What if I prefured to Bible study instead of going to church?

God is everywhere.

Church is good to get together to people with the same faith and help you to be stronger in your faith.

I have already been in both sides, going almost everyday, and staying away for a couple of years.

I think I am a better person if I am helping the church in one way or another. Once or twice a week for me is fine, now.

I see. I like the way you go to church. You go if you you feel you want to, not out of routine or obligation. Yeah. I practice simular to you.

"Do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together"

This does not mean a church meeting, it means the gathering of God's people. I do not go to church, I am the church.

the rev

mark, Catholics go to Church for a specific reason: to receive Jesus Christ in Holy Communion. The entire Mass is built around the Eucharist; in fact, the entire faith is built around it.

We believe He's spiritually present everywhere, but we believe He's only physically present in the Tabernacle in Church. When we receive Him, we bring Him physically out to the world for a brief time.

Some of the best Scriptural quotes that talk about this mystery of Christ's Presence in the Eucharist and why we go to Church:

"After three days, they found Him in the temple...'How is it that you sought Me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?'" (Luke 2:46, 49)

"Day after day I sat in the temple teaching, and you did not seize Me." (Matthew 26:55)

"So could you not watch with Me ONE HOUR?" (Matthew 26:40)

"I am the Bread of Life; he who COMES TO ME shall not hunger." (John 6:35)

"When He was at table with them, He took the bread and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized Him....He was known to them in the breaking of the bread." (Luke 24:30-31, 35)

"Take, eat; THIS IS MY BODY." (Matthew 26:26)