Questions abt BJJ's future

Hi Gakami

I think you will find Vince McCann is the AJF NSW rep. I am a member and the AJF would rely on my knowledge of BJJ to advice them on peoples grading legitimacy if they applied for membership.

As far as endorsing the activities of members the AJF from past experience and will support all its members activities if they are run properly. Clubs and Associations are encouraged to run their own events such as seminars, competitions as long as they are open to all members.

The AJF is a constituted non-profit organisation. There is structure for individuals and clubs.

You really should speak to Roger Quick again and ask him the same questions as the above is only my opinion from what I do know of the AJF.

Good news!
But I think that BJJ became a diferent sport with different techniques,rules, etc.
Even the traditional JJ fighters don't recognise BJJ as the same sport because is too far different. That's why we have BJJ Federations and not just clubs under any other Federation (i.e. Judo Fed, Westling Fed...).
If Peter and the AFBJJ can get the recognition under the Government will be great and then all the athletes, clubs and State Federations will form 1 Body under the AFBJJ for the growth of the specific sport called BJJ. Exactly like what happens all around the world where BJJ has its own Federations separated from Japanese JJ, Judo, Wrestling, etc.
I would wait and give the AFBJJ a go before affiliate athletes, club and even the Federations under the AJF.
We already have the organisations and competitions very good so we can wait a little to see what happens with the AFBJJ and the Gov.

BTW: WOULD BE GREAT IF THE AFBJJ COULD INFORM US ABOUT WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THIS CASE SO WE CAN DECIDE WHICH WAY TO GO!

Some good points from both parties. It will be interesting to see how things go from here.

Elvis