Questions for Canadians

Last week I learned you people rake your roofs.

Yesterday we were talking with a lady visiting from your frozen kingdom and she said you people have to plug in your cars at night?

Also some of you take your car batteries out overnight?

What else do you have to do in order to survive in Narnia?

This does explain the bags o milk.

They are a mysterious and often mixed up people.  I pray for them daily.

Munk - Last week I learned you people rake your roofs.

Yesterday we were talking with a lady visiting from your frozen kingdom and she said you people have to plug in your cars at night?

rake roofs?  are you talking about snow shoveling roofs?  my brother in upstate ny has to do that

OP-

you do realize Alaska is in the US?  And its just as fucking cold there as Canada?

we gotta build that great northern wall

In the 70s, my parents plugged their car. I've never done it and never had issues.

Never raked a roof either.

Fighting -

We are a strange bunch.

AlxinTO -
Fighting -

We are a strange bunch.

I like that kind of strange!

Pretjah - 
Munk - Last week I learned you people rake your roofs.

rake roofs?  are you talking about snow shoveling roofs?  my brother in upstate ny has to do that

These people actually make a special rake just for their roofs.

I think they have some strange belief that if they move their ancestors will haunt them.

Yeah, most cars in the prairie provinces have block heaters so they will start on the coldest days. I don't think they're quite as common in the rest of Canada.

Most people also use snow tires on their vehicles, but I suspect that's a thing in most northern states as well.

EazyG - 

OP-

you do realize Alaska is in the US?  And its just as fucking cold there as Canada?

Yes, one state inhabited by criminals and miscreants, not a whole nation.

It's not natural to live in a frozen wasteland. Something is amiss with those people.

I’m Canadian.  We’re awesome. It’s really pretty simple like that. 

Munk - Last week I learned you people rake your roofs.

Also, most parking lots here (at least downtown where people work) have outlets for most stalls so you can plug in your car while you're at work. 

RJJH -

if I dont shovel my roof in the winter my house will cave in.

we already took off about 5ft of accumulated snow off our roof. and we have about 9ft of snow in our front/back yard.

we cannot see out of any of our windows in our house.

here is our house after taking the snow off our roof last week. its snowed a bunch since then.

welcome to the snowiest place in Canada...Revelstoke.

but it doesnt get cold enough to plug in our cars. it stays around -5 celcius all winter.

Update your kitchen nigga

RJJH - 

we already took off about 5ft of accumulated snow off our roof. and we have about 9ft of snow in our front/back yard.

here is our house after taking the snow off our roof last week. its snowed a bunch since then.

but it doesnt get cold enough to plug in our cars. it stays around -5 celcius all winter.

See this just doesn't make sense to live in a place that tries to destroy your house and car and take your life.

Plus you have a big wild cat in your house that will try to eat your face off.

RJJH -

A very close friend of mine lives in or near Revy with his family. I really should go visit, but it's quite the trip from here.

RJJH -
Al Cappucino -
RJJH -

I wish but its a "cheap" rental bro. houses here are insanely expensive. and rentals with nice things are like $2000+ per month. ours is modestly priced at 1500. the appliances are only a few years old but not high quality. we actually have one of the nicer and good priced rental in town.

Well now i feel like a dick.

RJJH -
Al Cappucino -
RJJH -

I wish but its a "cheap" rental bro. houses here are insanely expensive. and rentals with nice things are like $2000+ per month. ours is modestly priced at 1500. the appliances are only a few years old but not high quality. we actually have one of the nicer and good priced rental in town.

Crazy how revy has started to boom again.Would like to get out there sleddin looks like some more snow possibly by weekend.

Munk's head is going to explode when he figures out what we store here.