Questions from a US'er

1) Does anyone have video from submission wrestling tournaments in Europe? I'm very impressed with the footage from the ADCC European Trials on the Best of ADCC Trials DVD.

2) If I were to study abroad next year (for college) where would be a nice, friendly place to go where I could train with high level grapplers. Where do Joachim Hansen, Jon Olav Einmo, and Jussi Tammelin (and others) train/live?

3) How often are there submission wrestling tournaments in Europe?

Thanks in advance for answering...

Hansen and Einemo train in Oslo, Norway I belive. Tammelin trains in Helsinki, Finland. There are also othert great cities to train in...

In Sweden Stockholm has places like Hilti BJJ with Ricard Andersson, Pancrace Gym with Omar Bouiche and Shootfighting Stockholm with guys like Daniel Bergman. Gothenburg has Lupus Shootfighting under August Wallén...

Jussi Tammelin does trains in Kotka, Finland not Helsinki. He used to live in Helsinki. But we have other excellent grapplers here in Helsinki, you will get good training, no doubt.

About question 2:

Although London is not yet the best place for training in Europe, it is the place with most Certified Brasilian Black Belts and possibly the easiest place to adapt for Americans, specially those studying, here if you are enrolled in a college you are allowed to work part time and the city is full of foreigners from all over, this diversity reflects in the JJ classes as well, with athletes from diferent places such as Finland, Poland, Pakistan, China, etc...

Drop me an email if you need more info about living and training in London, I too am a newcomer but know the whereabouts in this crazy city.

atallajiujitsu@hotmail.com