Questions re Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva fight

Some questions regarding this upcoming NICK DIAZ vs ANDERSON SILVA fight.....

What weights will the fighters be at for fight time a day after weigh ins?

How do you think Diaz thinks he can win this fight? counting on Silva's age and having been knocked out in last 2 outings?. Counting on Silvas psyche being weak after the leg break?

Will Diaz mention after the fight that GSP was scared to take this fight but he wasnt?

Will the fight go to the ground at all during the fight and which fighter is more likely to attempt the first takedown?

Will Diaz taking Silva into the later rounds give Diaz a definitive advantage?

looking forward to this fight, Diaz has some balls taking this and with the right elements it could be a great fight .

And will DIAZ disrespect Anderson with the taunting , raised hands and a bitch slap or two at any time during the fight?

dhughes - I only have one question. Will this fight actually happen? Phone Post 3.0

This. I'm way too scared to actually think it will, but I'm hoping for a staredown at least.

Regardless, I'd guess Silva will weigh around 205 the night of the fight, and Diaz 185. If Diaz wins, it'll be a decision due to higher output or he might eventually catch Anderson with a straight left. If Nick loses, I'm betting he'll talk about GSP being scared. If they're in the clinch, Nick will look for a takedown if it's there, but it's hard to imagine either fighter planning & working hard for one. I don't think Nick will have an advantage in the later rounds unless he starts tagging Silva early on in the fight.

Diaz will have to catch silva and swarm.

Otherwise I think silva has 5 rounders down at this point that cardio won't be an issue.

Takedowns won't be a factor. Both guys are more comfortable on the feet and both guys are dangerous on the ground too.

I think there will be some in cage taunting but very little outside the cage. Diaz respects silva and there is no need to try hard to sell a big fight like this.

I got silva by 2nd rnd tko/ko. I think we will see the old spider in the cage. Phone Post 3.0

I think once the weigh in day rolls around, if hard feeling haven't been instigated by the ufc or media already, that's when nick turns his "game" face on.

I think he may actually intimidate Anderson at the weigh-ins.

And if nick can keep this fight moving forward and Anderson is content to simply counter punch then its nicks fight. We've all seen Once he gets started he won't stop.

I think Anderson should fight with range, more effectively than condit but similar style.

Really I think Anderson should dominate this fight anywhere it goes, he has size speed and skill advantages, except he wants to be a counter puncher, this gives nick his best chance to put the 209 on him. Phone Post 3.0

dhughes - I only have one question. Will this fight actually happen? Phone Post 3.0

I've been thinking the same thing, just like the Jones vs Gus II fight...

Diaz and Silva have been the two most vocal mma fighters that have voiced their desire to try and box professionally. They have both used that in their negotiations with the ufc. I personally believe that they will try and just box each other. Do I think that's an intelligent way to fight? Not necessarily, but they both believe they are great boxers and I think they'll try to prove it against each other. We will see.... oh and I think Diaz will weigh about 185 on fight night and Silva slightly over 200# Phone Post 3.0

Also I believe Silva is the GOAT and think Diaz is a badass for taking this fight at middleweight. Old school FIGHTERS. love it! Phone Post 3.0

"Regardless, I'd guess Silva will weigh around 205 the night of the fight, and Diaz 185."

No, Nick expected to weigh 183 on fight night against KJ Noons at lightweight years ago (and was already 178 within hours of weighing in at 160). He will weigh at or close to 200 at fight time in this one, I'd guess. Anderson has weighed from 198-205 on fight night, so there shouldn't be any significant weight difference.

Yeah Anderson won't be 205 at fight night lol. Phone Post 3.0

91W209 - Also I believe Silva is the GOAT and think Diaz is a badass for taking this fight at middleweight. Old school FIGHTERS. love it! Phone Post 3.0
Voted up Phone Post 3.0