Quick sports question for my British brothers.

What do you guys think of the NFL games played over there? I think they upped the number of games and I have heard talk of a permanent team. I don't know how realistic that is but I'm just curious what the every day British sports fan thinks of this. The Detroit game today was kinda garbage but that is kind of a typical game. Is that something you guys would watch. Or am I fucken retarded and is there a fairly solid base for this. Phone Post 3.0

http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6mf17SSh41raqhh8o1_400.jpg Phone Post 3.0

Don't know ANYTHING about the NFL.

Don't know if that will work but blue please. Phone Post 3.0

Generally speaking no one gives a fuck.

However if London or UK had a permanent team then I'd make the effort to get interested and follow them. Phone Post 3.0

Huntsman - Generally speaking no one gives a fuck.

However if London or UK had a permanent team then I'd make the effort to get interested and follow them. Phone Post 3.0
That is pretty much what I figured from watching the game today and the previous games. But I'm just wondering if there is any percentage of people there that are actually intended. Phone Post 3.0

Interested ^^ Phone Post 3.0

Not a Brit but I have a friend living there and we talked about it; there was also a thread on reddit about it. The main points are the following

(note before I get voted down I do not agree with them; this is just a generalization of what Brits think, again a generalization)

1. Its a bit of a spectacle, it will sell out each year but its more of a fun different thing to do vs people actually caring about it.

2. As rugby is big over there; they see all the guys wearing helmets and pads and think they are not tough and real men would play with out protective gear.

3. It will never compete with soccer the "real sport" and Americans love football because they suck at soccer.

4. They can't get over that a game takes 3 hours and there really is only about 20 min of action.

Again these are not my views just views of what I have been told talking to british people so please don't vote me down into oblivion because you don't agree with them (I don't myself)

Yeah it kinda feels ridiculous and a little arrogant that anyone there would give a shit. One game a year is what it is I guess. Talk of a permanent team is fucken crazy. Phone Post 3.0

Its quite obscure, and when its brought up people are very dismissive about it because its called Football, has pads and helmets and is American. BBC Sports FB page asked if the game will grow in the UK last night and the comments were 90% "Rugby for pussies" "not real Football" "fuckin Yanks" etc from people that have almost certainly never even seen a game.

that sounds a ton like soccer in the US

gregbrady - that sounds a ton like soccer in the US

Lol you do see the exact same attitudes from Americans on sports sites when Rugby or Soccer are mentioned.

Jingoism eh?

The only thing I know about American football is tebow and Friday night lights

That being said the games sell out our national stadium in like 3 hours so the fan base is there Phone Post 3.0

my fave parts are the constant stopping every 5 seconds.
INTENSE