Quicksilver: So I was thinking...

So I have seen Quicksliver in the new Avenger Trailer and I've seen him in the X-men movie.

I so far did not like any of the X-men movies (take the most colorful characters of a comic universe, give them all dark biker jackets and make them all look and behave the same), but the Qucksilver Scene alone made the 25 USD worth it for me (YES, that is what we pay in Switzerland for a 3d Movie). That and the great ideas for Blink's Power usages.

Now if I compare the X-men Quicksilver with the Avengers 2 Trailer Quicksilver, I guess the Xmen one is way faster. They also went for a slowmotion scene with the Avengers, but Captain America seems to move more while Quicksliver is moving (also kind of in slow motion), meaning that in relation to each other, Quicksliver is "only very fast". During the Xmen Scene, Quicksilver moves at an incredible speed. First of all, the room is virutally frozen. Quicksilver is running at kind of slow motion, but then can accellerate and even change into a gear that makes him appear to almost teleport (in that frozen room environment). I'm talking about the moment where he runs behind one guard and gives him a superspeed wedgie.

So my question to the Geekground is:

a) how fast are the two Quicksilvers? Any math genius? you can see how far the bullets have travelled, while he did all those things, running around the walls… or how slow the bullet moves, while he changes their trajecotries. How fast is the Avengers one?

b) do we agree, that the X-men Quicksilver is WAY too fast? As far as I understood, Marvel kept him at a more realistic speed level… what you can see in that great scene, is more a Flash kind of speed? Speed of sound would not be fast enough to do all that, it almost would have to be speed of light?

Maybe there is a forum out there, where somebody already did the math on that?

Quicksilver Avengers 2 (at 1:28): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do

Quicksilver X-men Scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5KYw5Ane20

We pay 25 for a 3d movie in the U.S. too.

QS in DFP is over powered (compared to the comic). They made him Flash level who can literally run backwards through time.

I mean even fired bullets were frozen in DFP. Don't know the math but I mention the billets because you would have to start with the fastest moving object in the room as a base measurement. Phone Post 3.0

I agree that X-men QS is way too fast. The idea behind QS is that he is physiologically fast. The idea behind The Flash is that he can control a special power that makes him fast.

Either way, film-makers will have a hard time topping the QS scene from DoFP when it comes to showing speedster powerset, imo.

They can also go the route of "Immortals", when Ares shows up to save the day.

QS ran about 600 mph in the comics as I recall. The Flash could move faster than light (silly I know, but there it is). The two are on completely different levels of speed.

Is Quicksilver gay or does he bang his sister?

I know there's something different about his sexuality. Not that either is wrong, I hear you can fuck your sibling and rule Westeros.

Theon's Sausage - Is Quicksilver gay or does he bang his sister?

I know there's something different about his sexuality. Not that either is wrong, I hear you can fuck your sibling and rule Westeros.

The Ultimate version of Quicksilver did have a sexual relationship with his sister.  Mainstream (616) Quicksilver is hetero, having been married to Crystal and having a daughter, Luna - but is generally celibate - having no desire for sex at all.

"Mainstream (616) Quicksilver is hetero, having been married to Crystal and having a daughter, Luna - but is generally celibate - having no desire for sex at all."

Why, 'cos he finishes too quick?

That's what she said!

Stickgrappler - "Mainstream (616) Quicksilver is hetero, having been married to Crystal and having a daughter, Luna - but is generally celibate - having no desire for sex at all."

Why, 'cos he finishes too quick?

That's what she said!

Probably because he's a self-absorbed jack@ss who feels that no one else is worthy of him. So that leaves self-pleasuring, but he's so arrogant he probably doesn't want to waste his seed, so to speak.

It's probably something to do with hand speed.

For Average:

Quicksilver Avengers 2 (at 1:28):

SG's comment: Wait, what? Cap's shield is broken?!?!?!

Quicksilver X-men Scene:

Round of VU's

BTW, it was a rhetorical question on my part! LOL

Agree that DOFP's Quicksilver was way too fast. It was still a great scene though.

That being said, DOFP's Quicksilver also looked like a dipshit. Marvel's looks way better (surprise surprise) and the speed seems more realistic. Curious to see where they go with it.

Ok wait, that is a 'good' scene? That was lame and it completely changes the nature and level of Quicksilver's power. By that sequence he is essentially the most powerful person in the X-Men universe and aside from that is looked dorky as hell. Wait, let my flip my fabulous hair and put on these dorky head phones...

FWIW, my 16, 13, and 11 yr old loved that scene ... but they don't know that QS is not that fast as portrayed

Agree with Stickgrappler. I thought it was a great scene too, but yeah, more in the way of "somebody really fast, and how it would look, and what he could do". Yes, it destroy's the 600mph logic of QS.

And totally OPs him (like flash, again, that scene with the flash in it, would be super accurate, but not for QS).

I think honst trailers perfectly summed it up in one sentence here (at 1:45)

http://youtu.be/y2mi74MLHg4

As for the looks: I don't mind that he looke dorky, but my main issue with it, was that he looked to friendly. QS has always had that menacing feel to me, you would like to be on good terms with him but it probably never will happen, too many issues (kind of the way I feel about Namor).

This QS was way to nice and friendly.

Btw: Told my friend at work today about this, and he made a quick calculation.

distance from the guards pistols to wolverine, velocity of a ca. 9mm bullet, and distance travelled by QS and the bullet. QS goes across the room, then comes back running around the walls. One bullet almost reaches wolverine. We took that distance.

When he was done, the math equalled to 6600 km/h, so roughly Mach 6.6

Which would him make faster than a bullet (easy), faster than a bullet out of a high powered riffle, but about equally as fast, as a tank fired shell.

I like those numbers, they would make for good writing. But then again... he did not run that distance in one line, he stoped and had fun with other things on the way, so that would make him way faster.

Also as somebody mentioned.. at one point, he looks at a frozen bullet...

He seems to be able to change gear during that clip. But wait.. if he can be "much faster than fast"... why would he need to run? He's running along the wall, the soup is moving... but with the bullet he's standing right there and its frozen?

lol, ok, that's asking for way too much, what counted were the effects and ideas. But yeah, OP.

Another thing I wonder: marvel was already shooting Avengers 2 when Xmen got out...

After they saw the quicksilver part... did they go back: "ok guys, delete everything we have with QS so far, we need to rethink that whole thing!"

Average - Btw: Told my friend at work today about this, and he made a quick calculation.

distance from the guards pistols to wolverine, velocity of a ca. 9mm bullet, and distance travelled by QS and the bullet. QS goes across the room, then comes back running around the walls. One bullet almost reaches wolverine. We took that distance.

When he was done, the math equalled to 6600 km/h, so roughly Mach 6.6

Which would him make faster than a bullet (easy), faster than a bullet out of a high powered riffle, but about equally as fast, as a tank fired shell.

I like those numbers, they would make for good writing. But then again... he did not run that distance in one line, he stoped and had fun with other things on the way, so that would make him way faster.

Also as somebody mentioned.. at one point, he looks at a frozen bullet...

He seems to be able to change gear during that clip. But wait.. if he can be "much faster than fast"... why would he need to run? He's running along the wall, the soup is moving... but with the bullet he's standing right there and its frozen?

lol, ok, that's asking for way too much, what counted were the effects and ideas. But yeah, OP.

The problem I have with QS in that scene is the same problem I have the Flash in general.  Something zipping around a small enclosed area at mach 6+ and there's no collateral damage.  I don't think so.....

spits venom

The again, Fox doesn't seem to give a rat's backside about being faithful to the source, so there you go......

SONIC BOOM!