Quidditch World Cup 2014: Brazil v. Bulgaria

The game just started! Live updates are being posted on the Pottermore website by Ginny Potter & Rita Skeeter:

http://www.pottermore.com/en-us/daily-prophet/qwc2014/2014-07-11/the-qwc2014-final

Score is currently 0-0

is this a joke? Do they just pretend that there are people playing, or do they play some modified version which is actually physically possible?

Misedukatd - is this a joke? Do they just pretend that there are people playing, or do they play some modified version which is actually physically possible?

I'm not gonna lie...I've played a modified version of Quidditch before.  It's not something I'm proud of, but it was actually a lot of fun.

Molsonmuscle360 - 
Misedukatd - is this a joke? Do they just pretend that there are people playing, or do they play some modified version which is actually physically possible?

I'm not gonna lie...I've played a modified version of Quidditch before.  It's not something I'm proud of, but it was actually a lot of fun.

That's nothing to be embarrassed about! I totally want to play!!!!

yeah, I am not sure how I feel about a sport where you pretend that you are holding your bbc the entire time.

To answer your question, though...

The "official" Finals to the Quidditch World Cup 2014 that is being 'played' right now between Brazil & Bulgaria is imaginary. The author J.K.Rowling is posting updates on the linked website in my original post.

But there is also a real-life version played on College Campuses.

We didn't use the brooms, but yeah, we basically played Rugby while throwing balls through a hoop, and throwing even harder balls at each other.  Then someone had a little snitch on an rc car and would bring it out every 5 minutes or so, and start ripping it around as fast as they could for 2 or 3 minutes and then bring it back to them.  So the seekers had a couple of minutes every 5 or 10 minutes of running around like chickens with their heads cut off, looking down at this thing, while someone else is firing dodgeballs at their faces.

liberal feminazi propaganda.