Quinoa eaters

I have been really liking quinoa. Problem is it just wrecks me inside. I get bloating and cramps and stuff. Does this happen to anyone else who eats it? Im wondering why it happens

no, no, that happens with me too

a/s/l?

How do you prep your quinoa? Phone Post 3.0

I just throw it in a pot with water or water mixed with chicken stock

I add veggies and mushrooms and shrimp that I make in a pan separately

Is it a new item you've introduced to your diet recently? Phone Post 3.0

Just made some with stock and veggies, never any problems here...although i did just start watching Queer as Folk.

Mr. Wright -

wife makes it 2-3 times a week. never have those issues. sorry.

. Phone Post 3.0

Let is soak in water for an hour or so before you cook it and see if that helps.

you may not be cooking it long enough. Make sure you cook it untilbit opens.

TRUST ME. Phone Post 3.0

cthlcschlgrl - you may not be cooking it long enough. Make sure you cook it untilbit opens.

TRUST ME. Phone Post 3.0
*until it Phone Post 3.0

BigEyedFish - I have been really liking quinoa. Problem is it just wrecks me inside. I get bloating and cramps and stuff. Does this happen to anyone else who eats it? Im wondering why it happens

It shoulds like you're not drinking enough water. Its like fiber. It will run your intestinal walls, pulling the waste and soaking up whatever moisture is in there and by the time its ready to leave it needs some lubrication to get it done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saponin

Just something to read up on.

thanks for the suggestions

not new to my diet but Ive really picked up the frequency lately. I used to have it once every couple months. Recently Ive started once or twice a week...

Never had any issues

Eggbert - Make sure you rinse it before cooking. Make sure its cooked long enough. If broccoli does it to ya so will the Q Phone Post 3.0

broccoli does it too come to think of it

ttt

in Phone Post

Give it to a two year old for dinner.

The next day's diaper change will encourage you to finally find Jesus.

I mix quinoa 50/50 with bulgur- bulgur has twice the fiber, but I like the texture of quinoa better.

I eat it every day. Have been for years.
Makes me feel better than any other carb.
I don't get any bloating etc...

There's a product called quinoa flakes too. You can substitute it for oatmeal. I like it and put it in my morning protein shake.