R.I.P Pride :(

Goodbye to freakshows, size mismatches, and pro wrestlers. Not saying it wasn't a great show, but Pride was pretty annoying sometimes.

I'll certainly miss Pride,awesome org. More than anything I'll miss the tournaments,which is the way mma should go IMO. I'm glad I invested in the dvds, so many stellar shows, the Pride Bushido events were amazing, and I'm certainly not too hung-up to admit I loved the occasional freakshow. Watching two fighters of different size and weight often made great fights and the smaller guys often won. I think when a lot of people train martial arts they've got a bigger,stronger opponent in mind that they train to defeat in a real situation,nice to see some variety. Ah well,nothing good lasts forever.

Pride FC

1997-2007

greatest MMA org ever.

its between shooto and pride bushido that can claim greatest mma org ever.a couple of years from now it might be UFC.but old pride will be missed.

ttt

Good Bye old pride.

You had great fights and lots of idiotic fights.

Welcome new pride, where only great fights will remain.

Pride was the best. So many great and important moments...

Fights just seenmed more exciting in Pride. Chucks fights in the UFC never seem as intense as his Pride fights for example...

RIP Pride. RIP stomps and soccerkicks...

"UFC should figure out why PRIDE was able to consistelty put out better shows...."

They were appealing to a far more intelligent and mma savvy audience, imo.

Jefe, prolbably because Pride in a cage (minus kicks/stomps/yellow
cards/10min first rds) is not the Pride we all knew.

"You had great fights and lots of idiotic fights.

Welcome new pride, where only great fights will remain."

The UFC is chalk full of amatuer low level fighters who belong fighter for the lower farm org's. I dont see why it would be any different under Zuffa Pride.

A shit fight is a shit fight no matter if it's a Pride freakshow fighter or UFC super amatuer.

"Jefe, prolbably because Pride in a cage (minus kicks/stomps/yellow cards/10min first rds) is not the Pride we all knew."

Is it official that they are changing the ring to a cage and doing away with yellow cards?

It's funny how everyone bags the freak fights when the UFC has a fair few efforts at fixing fights over the years.

Take a look at the Gonzaga - CroCop standup for a classic example.

"UFC should figure out why PRIDE was able to consistelty put out better shows...."

PRIDE should figure out why the UFC is able to stay in business without being bought by their primary competitor. How bout them PRIDE HWs by the way!!!!!!

r.i.p.

"You had great fights and lots of idiotic fights.

Welcome new pride, where only great fights will remain."

Sorry but I don't think so. Takyama and Frye was one of the best fights ever! Remember. Oh and do you think the UFC owners will make fights like that? I could be wrong. But I doubt they will.

RIP Pride best SO FAR. We should hope for something better even if it is not run by the UFC under Pride's name.

dabs at eye

I just hope that this thread is not really close to home, I have this sinking feeling that at some point Zuffa will "toss in the towel" with dealings in Japan and just pick what it wants turn toward the states and UK. Whole thing makes me sick.

barf

RIP

I love MMA first of all. That being said I did enjoy Pride more most of the time. I certainly enjoyed the differences brought by having two major MMA leagues with two different approach and philosophy (though the missed matchups sucked)

I will miss them and I simply cant see how real MMA fans are glad they went under - except for the new possible matchups and real unified belts.

How I wish the UFC would preserve the uniqueness of PRICE...