R.I.P. R.C.M.P.

R.I.P to the officers who lost their lives, and to a good friend. Not sure his family wants the name released yet, but many of you know him, and he was one of the good ones. Victor Valimaki.

RIP

I hope its not me!!

Maybe that came out wrong, but its not victor.

Sad deal to wake up to on a Friday.... R.I.P

The press has released the name of the officers.

One of the officers involved was my good friend and student, and one time mma fighter Brock Myrol.

Some of you in the alberta grappling community may remember Brock from some grappling competitions and mma events.

He graduated top of the class from RCMP training 3 weeks ago.It was a dream he'd been working to achieve the last 5 years. The fact that he graduated with highest honors was par for the course for him.

He came back to Red Deer last week to finish moving his belongings to the community he was proud to protect, he worked out in the kickboxing class and I got to roll with him for the first time in a long time in our BJJ class. Unfortunately it would be for the last time.

Brock was a top notch person in every sense of the word. We are poorer from his loss and the loss of the three dedicated citizens who fell on Thursday.

I hope this makes sense because it's very hard to type this right now but I thought the members in our little community might want to know that one of the slain officers was one of our mma brothers.

Gary

Extremely sorry to hear about the loss of life. I`ve met Brock a couple times and he always seemed like a friendly guy, condolences to his and the other victims families.

Rich Martens

that's terrible. r.i.p.

I am very sorry to hear that. I remember Brock Myrol competing back in some of Alberta's early MMA/grappling events and he did very well. My condolences to his family and friends.

Brian Bird

RIP. That's terrible, and he was just out of the Police College too.

RIP. I read about the news this morning in the Sun.
Very sad.

RIP

BEWW.

I found it difficult to believe when I first heard about it on the news. What a waste. My condolences to the officers' family and friends.

RIP

RIP

R.I.P.

RIP

TTT