Racetams and other nootropics

What's your experience with nootropics, particularly those in the -racetam family?

I've been taking choline and lecithin to keep my brain fed, but I haven't noticed any effects from them (nor did I really expect them -- from what I understand it just keeps things running normally).  Today I finally decided to branch out and ordered some phenylpiracetam.  Supposedly it is way more potent than piracetam, which appears to be the measuring stick.  I've also heard claims that it can act as a mild stimulant and (somehow) help the body deal with cold temperatures.  Not sure about the research on that last one, but I guess I'll find out as I'm set to experience my first Minnesota winter this year.  As with all racetams, it would seem, there are mixed reviews, but there's enough research out there to make it interesting at least for a test run.

Who has tried this stuff?  Did you take it by itself or did you stack it?  I plan to try it a few days by itself to see how it affects me and then slowly start adding things to the stack if it seems to work.  What would be the first thing you would add to it?  

In, so i can find out what the fuck you are talking about... Phone Post 3.0

Later Phone Post 3.0

Snappy Whistleteeth - In, so i can find out what the fuck you are talking about... Phone Post 3.0

Watch these videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindNootrition/videos

Thanks for reminding me, I've never done it but was going to get phenylpiracetam a few months ago Phone Post 3.0

pitbullismyfather - Thanks for reminding me, I've never done it but was going to get phenylpiracetam a few months ago Phone Post 3.0

I was suprised to find it pretty cheap on Amazon, but not as surprised as I was to discover that they also sell adrafinil, which the body metabolizes into modafinil and supposedly has identical effects, although with a slightly increased risk of liver toxicity...

First and foremost Dial in the other shit in your life: Good diet, sleep, etc. Most people don't need nootropics in my opinion because they're not using their brains THAT fucking much and can get FAR more out of just being rested or limiting stimulants.

- Give it at least 3 weeks. You'll notice shit on your first dosage but it's really noticeable after a few weeks.

- take it with a fatty source, olive oil, efa's, whatever. This enhances the uptake something ridiculous.

- Always stack any -racetams with Alpha GPC or another choline source.

- L-Theanine helps you relax and overcome anxiety. Great for people who have a hard to with cannabis cessation.

The best way to take phenylpiracetam, the method that promotes the best bio-availability is to take phenylpiracetam suppositories.

NeoSpartan -
Snappy Whistleteeth - In, so i can find out what the fuck you are talking about... Phone Post 3.0

Watch these videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindNootrition/videos
Thanks, will do... Phone Post 3.0

Best product on the market I've found:

https://store.mindnutrition.com/us/nootropic-formulas/neurostim/

NeoSpartan - First and foremost Dial in the other shit in your life: Good diet, sleep, etc. Most people don't need nootropics in my opinion because they're not using their brains THAT fucking much and can get FAR more out of just being rested or limiting stimulants.

- Give it at least 3 weeks. You'll notice shit on your first dosage but it's really noticeable after a few weeks.

- take it with a fatty source, olive oil, efa's, whatever. This enhances the uptake something ridiculous.

- L-Theanine helps you relax and overcome anxiety. Great for people who have a hard to with cannabis cessation.

This is good info, thank you!  Looks like I already voted you up another thread today but I'll try to do it again tomorrow if I remember.

Which ones have you tried?  While I've heard that phenypiracetam is one of the stronger members of the family, I've also heard that it's among the most likely to cause side effects...  I'm interested to try a couple to see which fits me best, but there are so goddamn many of them that it's hard to know where to start.

Ani, Pram. No experience with pheny. I want to try oxiracetam

oxi overview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Ud_AeB1e4Q#at=102

vinopocetine

"What are Nootropics" article:

http://www.mindnutrition.com/temp/2012/04/hell-nootropic-anyway.html

itswhitty - 
NeoSpartan - First and foremost Dial in the other shit in your life: Good diet, sleep, etc. Most people don't need nootropics in my opinion because they're not using their brains THAT fucking much and can get FAR more out of just being rested or limiting stimulants.

This is good info, thank you!  Looks like I already voted you up another thread today but I'll try to do it again tomorrow if I remember.

Which ones have you tried?  While I've heard that phenypiracetam is one of the stronger members of the family, I've also heard that it's among the most likely to cause side effects...  I'm interested to try a couple to see which fits me best, but there are so goddamn many of them that it's hard to know where to start.

If it's likely to cause side effects that's because it's eating up your choline really fast. Pram does that to me, after the half-life expires I get really sleepy. So once again, get some alpha GPC. Or just try one that isn't as strong but is still quality like aniracetam and see how you respond.

My order of Phenylpiracetam and Adrafinil just arrived!

I wasn't expecting them until sometime next week, so unfortunately I'm not prepared...  What I've read about phenyl makes me want to have some L-Theanine and Alpha-GPC on hand before I take it, so I probably won't try it until tomorrow, once I've had a chance to pick those up.  Anything else I should get to add to it for a first go around?

Besides, I'm absolutely exhausted right now, so the Adrafinil was too much to pass up for today.  No use mixing the two until I know how each affects me.  I took 300 mg about 15 minutes ago, so hopefully I'll be feeling it within the hour.  I've never tried Modafinil, so I'm not quite sure what to expect, and although 300 mg is on the higher end of a first dose, I have had enough experience with the more traditional stimulants that I'm not worried too much.

I'm sure I'll be updating here as I learn more about these things...

Edit: Oh, and I wanted to add that I am aware of the risk of elevated liver enzymes with adrafinil, so I will be doing my best to mitigate that and be safe, but no matter what I say about any of this stuff, if you decide to try it for yourself, please do your research and be safe.

In Phone Post 3.0

Alright, so in case anyone cares, the adrafinil has kicked in, and so far it's quite nice.  The effect is apparent but quite subtle -- it's difficult to describe except that I feel very sharp, but not at all like I'd taken an amphetamine or something.  If it was slipped into my food or something I wouldn't suspect anything and I'd just feel like I was in the zone.

As I'd hoped, it seems to be pretty beneficial for my writing; I'm even typing faster with fewer mistakes.  

Interesting stuff to be sure, but given the possibility of side effects I'm looking at this one as a "just in case" chemical -- great for those times when I've got a lot of writing to do or I'm just feeling excessive fatigue, but by no means something I'm going to take on a very regular basis.

For that reason I'm actually more interested in the phenylpiracetam.  Reports of serious adverse effects are pretty rare, and there are even indications that long term use may actually be beneficial for brain health.  I'm probably going to run to the health food store in the next couple hours, so if anyone has any great recommendations for a stack I'd really appreciate it.  Right now I'm going to combine it with Alpha-GPC and L-Theanine, and down the line I'll probably order some vinopocetine.

Oh, also, I've seen a lot of people recommending something called noopept, but I'm having a hard time determining what it is exactly.  It sounds like a brand name or a proprietary combination or something, but people talk about it like a generic ingredient.  Anyone know?