Rafael Palmeiro, 53, thinking about MLB comeback

Are there any PEDs that would make it possible???

Rafael Palmeiro, who is 53 and last played in 2005, said he is thinking about trying to make a comeback.

Palmeiro told The Athletic, "there's no doubt in my mind I can do it."

A four-time All-Star first baseman, Palmeiro played for the Chicago Cubs, Texas Rangers and Baltimore Orioles over a 20-year career, racking up more than 500 home runs and 3,000 hits. He is one of only five major leaguers to achieve that feat.

He said he still has something to prove, however. Palmeiro's career ended in 2005, after he was suspended in August for testing positive for steroids. He was the first major league baseball player suspended for steroids.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21693459/rafael-palmeiro-53-wants-make-back-mlb

Yeah fuck it I think I'll play too

awesome.hope he does well.

Palmeiro needs to join an Independent league team for 1/2 a season. He will change his mind.

In his last two seasons (age 39 & 40) as a MLBer, Palmeiro was basically a .260 Ave, 20 homerun guy. That was on the steroids.

No chance at 53.

If Tebow can make it in the minors then so could Palmeiro. I highly doubt he makes it to the big show though.

0% chance. 

Probably less than that actually.

Pirates could use a 1B to spell Josh Bell, I say embrace the freak show, it's not like the Bucs are winning the division anytime soon.

He’d be a DH or purely a pinch hitter. And he’d suck at it. 

I’d love to see this. 

I also wish Jordan would return to the NBA as a bench player and play 3 minutes a night. 

I’d also want to see Brett Favre comeback and play as a backup for a team and then get a late season start pending their playoff chances. 

I would also want to see Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield one more time for two shits and three giggles. 

JeffersonDArcyChoke -

I’d love to see this. 

I also wish Jordan would return to the NBA as a bench player and play 3 minutes a night. 

I’d also want to see Brett Favre comeback and play as a backup for a team and then get a late season start pending their playoff chances. 

I would also want to see Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield one more time for two shits and three giggles. 

I support this.

ill add, love to see BJ Penn vs Last Olympic HW wrestling champ in an MMA contest

Terrell Owen as a tight end

LiAmgelo Ball in the WNBA

he can just keep on thinking about it lol

Maybe he could transition to pitcher. Seems to be working for Jose Canseco in indy leagues now.

TheHawker - Maybe he could transition to pitcher. Seems to be working for Jose Canseco in indy leagues now.

What Canseco is pitching in the Indy’s?

He was one of my favorite Orioles. Had just an effortless swing. 

LiveWire -

Yea that was the juice 

He MAY be talented enough to be a backup at first base, possible pinch hitter but why waste a roster spot on a guy with zero upside? Unless its just a publicity stunt to get some fans in the seats.

MasterRooster -
LiveWire -

Yea that was the juice 

Nah his swing wasn’t the juice. Lots of other things were, like bat speed, but his swing like all ball players has probably been like that since he was a kid. 

My neighbor has 2 sons in the MLB. I never knew just how competitive pro baseball is until I saw what these guys go through after already been drafted. All the different teams they need to play on at different levels. The guys that are actually playing on the teams must be unreal talented.

Telamon - My neighbor has 2 sons in the MLB. I never knew just how competitive pro baseball is until I saw what these guys go through after already been drafted. All the different teams they need to play on at different levels. The guys that are actually playing on the teams must be unreal talented.

Yeah, I don't think most people realize how much more skilled the players are at the MLB level, even minor league level, than what you see with kids in high school and college.

I know a couple of kids that absolutely dominated when they were little and in high school that went to college on full rides and were complete studs. Yet they are having a hard time cracking AA ball.

All things are possible through prayer and lots of roids