Ragin' Al: Get rid of judging and fight until one opponent finishes the other

What do you think of this idea?

3 Likes

Mtv Reality Tv GIF

2 Likes

someone bring back rio heroes

4 Likes

also this solves the open scoring debate, although most girl fights would go for hours

7 Likes

It used to be like that Al but they changed it for a reason.

1 Like

No thanks not trying to see a fight like Rose vs That one chick esparza go for 8 hours

9 Likes

I like it. Not to sound corny but the Purist in me likes the idea of no time limit fights with Decisive endings for the Big Fights. Less rules the better. Less judging the better. Less time limits the better.

It’s also why I didn’t mind the old ways of if it went the distance it was a Draw. That way if you are lay and praying or wall and stalling to the cards as your only strategy and could never hurt your opponent then instead of getting rewarded with today’s judging… there at best all you can get a Draw. The true Victors take the Win by Finish. No questions or room for debate.

But can’t do No Time Limit when ESPN has WNBA games to get to…

4 Likes

That’s the downside of it… No one should have to be subject to that.

I wouldn’t want to watch WMMA No Time Limit. But I would like to see it for a Grudge Match like for example Masvidal vs Colby… after that went the Distance nothing is really settled which is probably why they or Masvidal took it to the Streets to finish it. But if that was a No Time Limit fight we would have a Decisive Finish and it would be interesting to me. I realize it is unrealistic with today’s game but I would love to see it for special occasions as a Purist.

2 Likes

Pride rules

1 Like

Unfortunately most womens fights would never end if that were the case.

3 Likes

A good thread idea would be “why certain rules exist”. For example, Carlson Gracie Jr vs John Lewis is onenof the reasons the nofence grabbing rule was created.

1 Like

That would be a good thread idea. And we learned about shaving our heads for the Cage after Royce vs Kimo and Paulson vs Warring

I do think a lot of close fights should be called draws. Hopefully that would encourage fighters to step up their game.

ha was the Warring/Paulson hair grabbing on the same card?

The fence grabbing rule sucks. If your grappling doesn’t work near the fence then make sure you keep your opponent away from it or else don’t have a fence.

2 Likes

Warring/Paulson at WCC was just a few weeks before Lewis/Gracie at Battlecade

1 Like

Tape everything in advance and just show highlights of the 10 hour long fights

1 Like

fack me. did you look that up?

easy to forget about WCC. was astonished to see Sean McCully pulling his opponent into mount. to this day, me and a mate refer to mccullying yourself: bringing a bad situation on yourself unnecessarily

1 Like

I like his idea a lot, but state athletic commissions wouldn’t sanction fights if there were no time/round limits.

We’d still be watching a WMMA fight

3 Likes