Raiders pursue Gruden; may offer ownership stake

According to ESPN:

Oakland is preparing to pursue ESPN analyst Jon Gruden with an offer so strong it could even include an ownership stake in the Raiders, according to league sources.

Gruden will be tempted to accept it, according to sources, but would prefer not to make any decisions until the regular season finishes Sunday and the Raiders make a final determination on their current head coach, Jack Del Rio, who signed a contract extension last summer.

But Oakland long has appealed to Gruden for a variety of reasons. He would return to an organization he didn't want to leave in 2001, he would inherit a young quarterback in Derek Carr whom he feels strongly about, and he would get to coach a team that is slated to move in 2020 to Las Vegas, where he would not have to pay state tax, as he does now in Florida, where he currently lives. Gruden's contract even could be backloaded to pay him more in the Nevada years and lessen his tax burden during the Oakland ones.

Raiders owner Mark Davis has offered Gruden an ownership stake in the past, according to sources, and if he were willing to do so again, the contract then would have to be approved by all 32 NFL owners. The NFL's finance committee also would have to vet Gruden, but there is no reason to think it would not approve the deal.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21921030/oakland-raiders-preparing-pursue-jon-gruden-possibly-offer-ownership-stake

Tell me more about this Florida State Income Tax 

Chucky returns?

Wow.  The return of Chucky.  Interesting development!!

So if he fails as a coach you fire him but he is still a part owner? I hear a lot of talk of part ownership but not sure if anyone has taken one of those offers yet.

All that for Gruden?  

Not worth it. 

Jim Harbaugh, bill Belicheck maybe 

Gomrad -

He worded it all fucky. He’s saying Nevada and Florida do not have state tax, but Cali does, bigly. 

Bad Monkey -
Gomrad -

He worded it all fucky. He’s saying Nevada and Florida do not have state tax, but Cali does, bigly. 

this.

a couple of friends have moved to NV and run their businesses from vegas. All of them said it was an instant 10-15% increase in take home pay over what they took home in CA.

Yamie Jagerbomb -

All that for Gruden?  

Not worth it. 

This 

Yamie Jagerbomb - 

All that for Gruden?  

Not worth it. 

Agreed. As a Raiders fan, this is retarded, but not surprising. This franchise has a history of retarded decisions.

Bad Monkey - 
Gomrad -

Yep. My father and I run a small business that's based out of his home in California, but registered in Nevada. Cali hates that shit, and we used one of those simply 3rd-party companies that gets you set up in Nevada for $399. California was actually looking for these charges on people's itemized returns so they could audit, and we paid the fee via postal money order.

Anyhoo, the business is incorporated in Vegas, has a Vegas billing address, and every company phone has a 702 number, registered to the same billing address. Otherwise, no part of it is in Las Vegas.

Eat a dick, California.

Gomrad -

First thing that came to mind after reading it too. 

Yamie Jagerbomb -

All that for Gruden?  

Not worth it. 

Lol @ Jim Harbaugh. The most unproven yet overrated coach in football history. 

No big wins. His record against rivalry teams with Michigan is 1-6. That’s pathetic. 

Heystro -

The game has changed since he's been around. I don't think John would be successful today. Old scheme offensive coaches like Gruden just don't really offer much in my opinion.I like these young offensive coaches with fresh ideas and creative schemes like Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan.

The game while it it does change can always be won with a good o line and run game. The game will always go back there imo.

It's been so long since we have seen him coach idk how he would do now.

I was born and raised in California. Lived there til I was 30. Moved to Washington state (no state income tax) and my pay went waaay up. Moved to Florida a few years later (again, no state income tax). I never want to live in a state that has it again. 

Wonderful move for the Raiders. I mean, I have no clue as to whether it's a smart coaching hire, but it would get him off TV, which would be great.

Vegito Blue -
Yamie Jagerbomb -

All that for Gruden?  

Not worth it. 

No big wins. His record against rivalry teams with Michigan is 1-6. That’s pathetic. 

This

Vegito Blue -
Yamie Jagerbomb -

All that for Gruden?  

Not worth it. 

Yea i mean he did so shitty with the niners let me tell you!

Jhay -
Vegito Blue -
Yamie Jagerbomb -

All that for Gruden?  

Not worth it. 

It’s the same story every where he goes. He “turns the organization around” but never wins the big game(s) 

Jhay -
Vegito Blue -
Yamie Jagerbomb -

All that for Gruden?  

Not worth it. 

Harbaugh has one Super Bowl appearance and lost Gruden has won a Super Bowl. Harbaugh hasn’t won even a conference title as coach with Michigan or even been in the big 10 championship game. I don’t believe the hype. He had solid success with the Niners. But he still hasn’t won a meaningful title. 

But as far as Gruden since he left the Raiders have pretty consistently been a bad team. They’ve had a couple decent seasons in that decade and a half. They traded him and he beat them in the super bowl the next season. That’s hilarious to me as I hate the Raiders.