Ralek gets Brown Belt

Kissmyabjj is intideled to his opinion. I had the honor of training with him in Atlanta last year and he is a great guy with killer mat skills.

Amen Andre! Congrats to Ralek!

I was at ringside for fowler and ralek.

Fowler beat ralek soundly? Were you even there? It was said before, and I'll repeat it. Alot of us thought Ralek won, and Mike tapped, the armlock was on that tight when the time ran out.

So many talk about Gracie Nutriders, what's even more sad are the Gracie haters.

Only on this forum, would kissmyabjj (a purple belt under Jacare) be more qualified to tell when someone is ready to be promoted to brown belt than Rorion Gracie.(9th degree blackbelt)

amen Jackel

Who said he was more qualified? He's just entitled to his opinion like you guys are.

good point jackel!

Mike is incredible and should probably be a brown belt IMO, but he didnt beat Ralek soundly. He beat him, but it was extremely close and could have gone either way.

"He soundly beat Caiques son who is also a brown belt now I believe. I think Ralek took 2nd at the pan ams this year. And the guy that beat Ralek at the pan ams got rematched with Ralek at Rorions tournament and Ralek tapped him."

Wrong.. Jason Collard Tapped Ralek in the Finals of the Pan ams this year. Ralek has never beat or tapped Jason.

Jason Got his Brown belt yesterday.

damn jackel making it personal! i never said ralek did not deserve the brown belt. he has a lot of time in at purple belt and has been training forever (read my post). nice segway to get information out about me though jackel.

you never said he didn't deserve to be brown, but you strongly implied he didn't by posting the first very negative post about Ralek on a thread congratulating him on his promotion.

No reason to try to get information out of you Chris. And no you never said he didn't deserve his brown belt, but it was strongly implied. That seems to be your MO for all your posts. You like to imply alot and never really say anything. Which gives you the "I didn't say that" defense.

Too much emphasis on promotions. Ralek is a great competitor and teacher. Ive read lots of posts in this forum about how they dont promote quickly at Torrance. Now I read that maybe Ralek should have been a black belt already. Ryron,Rener and Ralek were practically born on the mat. Yet even their promotions took a while. Rorion obviously sets the standards high, even for his sons. The proof is in the pudding !!!!
Patience is a virtue.
TTT for the Gracie Academy NEXT GENERATION !!!!!
Once again congratulations Ralek!