Rampage addresses the fans

"so he's happy to take the free publicity that the UFC gave him and parlay it into a movie career, but at the same time he wants to say the UFC didn't promote him or pay him like they should have?"

How TF do you define "free"?

Do you have any idea how much money the U.F.C has made off of Rampage? I'm not a fan of the guy and I think he's the worst coach in the history of coaching in all freaking sports but to pull the whiny "Whaaaaaa the UFC did all this stuff for free" crap is BS.

If you think he got a nanosecond of free publicity from the UFC you're just plain naive.

making him a coach on TUF twice was not something they did just for themselves. you can't deny that it was good for Rampage too

how much money did they make off him when he came in with a 50/50 record and they built him up and gave him a title shot after one fight? they built his name here in the USA and he doesn't appreciate it at all

oh yeah, and Dana kept him out of prison. but by all means, let Rampage go where the wind blows instead of showing some loyalty. Not like its the first time he's done it

Didn't Rampage originally just ask for a postponement of the of Rashad fight, not a cancellation?

Just curious, do those of you criticizing Rampage for lack of loyalty have the same loyalty to your current employer? Would you not take an opportunity like this if you had the chance?

Now watch all the holier than thou's with epic hero levels of integrity and loyalty come out of the woodwork, lol.

Fuck the fans. I don't even know why he's wasting times thinking about stupid motherfuckers anyways.

Grakman -  Didn't Rampage originally just ask for a postponement of the of Rashad fight, not a cancellation?

Just curious, do those of you criticizing Rampage for lack of loyalty have the same loyalty to your current employer? Would you not take an opportunity like this if you had the chance?

Now watch all the holier than thou's with epic hero levels of integrity and loyalty come out of the woodwork, lol.

Would your current employer keep you on the job after going on a rampage with your car?

jason hornbuckle:

Perhaps UFC did help him get known in the USA. But RECOGNIZE that although Rampage may have been unknown to most USA MMA FANS, he sure was a popular and respected fighter when he was with PRIDE. As you know, he fought a lot of the best fighters in the WORLD while he competed in PRIDE: Sakuraba, Vanderlei...

Win or loose he always fought hard. Rampage continues to be fun to watch whether fighting or just giving an interview.

The UFC clearly did not compare to PRIDE back in those times. It was truly an International MMA talent event fearturing the best in the WORLD. Rampage was among them. If he sees an opportunity to make some money in movies he'd be stupid not to take it. If he bombs in the movie industry he might come back hungrier to make some $$. Either way Im sure to check him out. Until then, I will wait for the opening of the "A TEAM" movie. Loyalty is good, but it does not pay the mortgage. No disrespect, just my .02 cents.

He should just go and make the movie then fight Rashad.

As if Dana will not make that fight happen if Rampage is up for it.

Rampage is a funny dude. He is an enjoyable personality amongst a lot of cookie cutter boring dudes.

Boring dudes with awesome talent. But just boring.

BEZERKER - He should just go and make the movie then fight Rashad.

As if Dana will not make that fight happen if Rampage is up for it.

Rampage is a funny dude. He is an enjoyable personality amongst a lot of cookie cutter boring dudes.

Boring dudes with awesome talent. But just boring.

I assure you he will make the movie and fight Rashad, which is why this is comical,lol.

i love watching rampage fights, and some of his interviews are funny...but do we really think this guy can be a great actor? Granted he is naturally a B.A. Barracus, but otuside of that, I don't think he'll be getting lead roles or anything.

saerbarnet - 
Grakman -  Didn't Rampage originally just ask for a postponement of the of Rashad fight, not a cancellation?

Would your current employer keep you on the job after going on a rampage with your car?
Considering my career field, I doubt it lol. But neither would they trash me in public if I asked for time off to film a movie in which I have a starring role, either.

D3structo - So the guy is leaving MMA to make more money  and people are pissed at him? Yea, Rampage should stick to fighting, making less money, because some guys on the internet think he should.

Rampage says he loves fighting but he is going where the money is. How can you hate on him for that? Making movies is easier on your body and a lot less demanding than traing non-stop.

You are making it sound like Rampage is already an A-list movie star racking up a couple mil per movie.  He makes far more money on a per fight basis than he does per movie right now.  Though he may climb to the top of the Hollywood ladder in the future, chances are unlikely that he will EVER be an actor Denzel or Deniro and be cast in roles other than your big musceled villain or bodyguard. 

I love Rampage, but the making more money argument just isn't true.    His reason for not getting hurt and prolonging his body's longevity makes a lot more sense.

"Perhaps UFC did help him get known in the USA. But RECOGNIZE that although Rampage may have been unknown to most USA MMA FANS, he sure was a popular and respected fighter when he was with PRIDE. As you know, he fought a lot of the best fighters in the WORLD while he competed in PRIDE: Sakuraba, Vanderlei..."

Rampage was like 1-4 against 185ers in Pride. He was known, but known as a scrub. I'm not trying to be harsh or anything but this whole deal about Rampage being an unstoppable badass has come about since he's been with the UFC. In Pride he lost to Vanderlei twice, lost to Ninja badly, essentially lost to Bustamante, etc. he was not some ultra famous world-beater

He's admitted before that he is lazy and doesn't like to train, and I think that is all this is. He doesn't want to be a fighter and has found some other way to pay his bills, but he still wants to talk tough and pretend he's a fighter when it suits him

just let him go to acting if that's what he wants, and after he does Scorpion King 7 or whatever I'm sure he'll still be giving interviews about how awesome he is/was, when his record and anyone with eyes in their head knows better

but the truth is, fighters get roles as long as they're fighters. Once they stop fighting, no one wants them anymore. He'll go off, just like Randy, and regret it almost immediately, just like Randy

He took a job with much more potential and pay. None of you have done that? You all stay loyal to your company if they helped you get where you are? Even if you have a chance to make 10 times what you make with said company? If you stay, thats why you are still not making shit!

I have no issue with what he has done and I will be in line to see his movie too.

If he's legitimately getting huge offers I'd make the same choice. I can't blame him.

I have no doubts in my mind that he'll be fighting Rashad this coming Spring or Summer. Within a week he says he's done fighting to "I'll leave it in God's hands." This will all blow over folks.

shut up rampage

WTF!! My dog is 13 in March and has not spoken once to me.

Man, some people just luck out.