He was outclassed by Arona in every respect in that
fight, but the one slam that ended it. Rampage would
have been behind on all score cards to that point and
needed that slam in order to win. We obviously know
that Rampage is one tough customer, but that's twice
now that he has been outclassed by a BTT member, the
other being Busta.

come on man at least a 4.2.

Jason, I didn't capture any picturs of you with Asian chicks this time around. Maybe I'll get some at the next UFC I make it too.

Honestly, I give him credit because of his record and
the fact that he is a tenacious competitor, but I've
never seen someone who is at his caliber who is so
suceptible to so many submissions. I'm not saying that he gets subbed but he seems to put himself in positions where attempts come fast and furious. In fact, if his shorts didn't come oudone during his fight with Busta then he would have been in dreamland in a few more seconds. You could literally see the color come back to his face after the break.

Hey I never said he didn't know how to win this is probably his greatest asset, but you can't diss Arona because I believe his criticism is misplaced. Every one of his recent fights I've seen him in he's had a terrific work rate. Examples, against Henderson, Ninja and Rampage.

Well I'm not a nuthugger or a hater, but maybe I should use more precision in my writing. You do have to say that Rampage was losing that fight against Arona and that his match with Busta could have gone either way.

"In fact, if his shorts didn't come oudone during his fight with Busta then he would have been in dreamland in a few more seconds. You could literally see the color come back to his face after the break."

Rewatch the fight, dude.

Rampage was out of the choke before the stoppage to tie the shorts. Nice try though.

"Rampage was out of the choke before the stoppage to tie the shorts."

correct

back to the Arona fight, Rampage was far from being outclassed, and wasn't dominating either. In boxing it's a knock-out punch. In MMA it can be a slam.

Mayhem

arona looked good for once. imo he was tryin to get rampage to come after him so he gcould get takedown. rampage knew so was cautious

I know that he's susceptible to submission especially an armbar but Give him time man, he's still young in this sport.

Hey, I don't deny that a slam is just like a ko punch
in boxing. In fact, I was thinking the exact same thing. However, it's like Klitscko-Lewis, many feel that Klitscko got the short end of the stick and that Lewis was lucky that the cut happened because Klitscko was winning that fight. And that's why Lewis is ducking him now. He retired for a reason. I say if Arona and Rampage fought again that Arona would not get KO'd from a slam and would win.

RAMPAGE IS THE BEST OUT THERE RIGHT NOW......WHEN HE BEATS SILVA IN THEIR REMATCH HES GOTTA BE RANKED #1 WITH RANDY NO DOUBT.....

Arona looked excellent and I feel he had an advantage up until the slam. Then he got KO'ed. A rematch might come out differently.

Robin.

I like both guys. Arona seemed to want to fight and Rampage Slam was huge. Good luck to both guys I hope Pride invites them back. I see a rematch in the future for the belt.

It's not like Klitscko was dominating the fight with Lewis either.

But both fights would have made interesting rematches. Still some hope for Rampage/Arona.

Robin.

Rampage never even had to pull out of a sub. No subs were actually put on him. He took some good leg kicks, took a nasty kick or two to the head on the ground, and then KO'd his opponent.

I feel that he own the fight fair and square, no luck involved.
He uses his monster strength to his advantage. Anyone who
says that 'ohh he won just b/c of the slam,' is right ot a point,
but, shit yeah he own b/c of the slam! Bottom line is the slam
was there, it was planned, exzectuted, signed sealed
delivvered, and sang a paaaainful lullaby to a top top fighter
who should have lost to Guy Mezger (sorry old complaint)

The Arona fight aside, Rampage got a gift against Murilo. Busta squeezes the life out of him and then Rampage gets a nice long break to recover.