rampage obviously has no idee who roy nelson is

Let's get serious guys. Rampage knows full well who everyone there is but his job was to showcase Kimbo. UFC rejected Nelson in the past explicitly because of his appearance. Rampage knows how the play is supposed to go. It's entertainment.

Can't believe how juiced up Kimbo is.

Rampage likes to pretend he doesn't know about other fighters and watch other fights.

Neither one of these guys had any idea who Nelson was, Rampage was talking down to him the whole time and Rashad had Nelson ranked something like 6th when they were going over the fighters despite the fact that Nelson was the most accomplished guy coming in.

You would think the UFC would give the teams a little crash course about the guys coming in...something like "That fat guy with the funny haircut is a really good fighter, pick him early"...Wes Sims and Kimbo over Nelson? Seriously?

Obviously they were ordered by Dana not to pick him until late. I liked how Dana acted all surprised when he "walked in" on them arguing, like he didn't explicitly order that as well.

who cares it's a reality show

Rampage picked Kimbo first, do you guys actually think this is anything other than entertainment?

ya big country was def under the coaches radar

Spike obviously forced them to pick him late and act like he's a fat sloppy unskilled bum, so when he destroys everyone they can hype him as a regular guy who's never trained before.

Nelson really needs to lose the belly if he wants to be taken seriously as a combat athlete.

How do you know he was picked late?

Its not like the TUF producers have ever showed things out of order.  For all we know, he was the third pick (behind Rashad's training partners) and Spike just aired the picks out of order.  I certainly don't buy the conspiracy theories that the coaches were told not to pick him, when the producers could always make it appear he was picked late regardless of where he was actually picked.

anunaki - Nelson really needs to lose the belly if he wants to be taken seriously as a combat athlete.
A bad physique is a career-killer in a pro-wrestling organization like the UFC.  You need the right "look" if you want to get a "push" from the promoter. 

Funny, would Dana overlook an emerging Fedor circa 2001, and not see his obvious potential, with this attitude?

Joulnx - Funny, would Dana overlook an emerging Fedor circa 2001, and not see his obvious potential, with this attitude?

yes.

however, big country is far from being fedor or even chack or a prime pedro rizzo.

he doesn't look goofy or evil enough to be a heel like tim sylvia or brock

buvaiser - 
Joulnx - Funny, would Dana overlook an emerging Fedor circa 2001, and not see his obvious potential, with this attitude?
yes.

however, big country is far from being fedor or even chack or a prime pedro rizzo.

he doesn't look goofy or evil enough to be a heel like tim sylvia or brock
He just needs the right "gimmick".  I don't think anyone is using the WWF's old "Godwin Brothers" hog farmer gimmick anymore, surely even a tightwad like Dana could spring for some overalls and a slop bucket.  Some good entrance music would go a long way to helping him "get over" with the "marks" as well.

I know Dana is enthusiastic about his pro-wrestling promotion, but he doesn't really have a pro-wrestling background and might benefit from bringing in some seasoned booking agents to help him manage talent.  I think Kevin Sullivan and Dusty Rhodes are both available.

Photobucket

You think this looks like a good gimmick to get Nelson over?

"I'm just a common man, working hard with my hands."

It was obvious that Rampage is just out to have a good time on the show and probably doesn't give two shits whether or not his team wins or not.

really though, why would either care about their team winning lol

the fight is what matters

really though, why would either care about their team winning lol

the fight is what matters

RaepChoke - 
fortheloveofMMA -  he almost beat arlovski.

zomgz@Q!! next HW champ

Fedor KTFO Arlovski, Fatboy in that league? Not a chance.

He should stick to muffin tops and pillow fists
wow arlovski got beaten by fedor...he MUST suck!

spoken like a true noob

good on ya!