Rampage signs w bellator

Would be hilarious if Rampage got knocked off the Bellator tourney like King Mo. Everyone thought Mo was going to run shit over there too lol. Phone Post 3.0

I like Rampage, but this seems like the right fit at this point in his career.

MysteriousNinjaFromMars - How long before he starts crying about Bellator not treating him right?

My guess is that Bellator will bend over backwards and do everything they can for Rampage. I see him getting more special treatment than any other fighter in the promotion, simply because they can't afford to have another of their high profile fighters coming out against them.

That sucks no onefc? I don't want see him in there format , oh well Phone Post 3.0

we'll see if he takes Bellator serious. He hasn;t taken fighting that serious in a while...he just wants to be a boxer. So maybe he can work is bad mic skills in TNA and have a decent showing in Bellator

Too bad he only feels like boxing these days.

I wish Pride Rampage would come back and tear through Bellator's LHW division but I have a bad feeling he's not going to be committed to training as hard as he should.

JSF1984 - 
Tomato Can - He should be champ. If he comes in lazy and unmotivated like he has for his last couple of fights, Newton could beat him.

Landing a lucky shot doesn't make you a world beater. Not a rampage fan but even an out of shape page beats that guy Phone Post

Not a lucky shot, Newton is much better than you're giving him credit for. He and Rampage are the top 2 LHWs outside the UFC now.

zebers3 - 
MysteriousNinjaFromMars - How long before he starts crying about Bellator not treating him right?

My guess is that Bellator will bend over backwards and do everything they can for Rampage. I see him getting more special treatment than any other fighter in the promotion, simply because they can't afford to have another of their high profile fighters coming out against them.

I think Bellator only signed Rampage in the hopes of some home grown talent beating him.

blupitt - 

Via Helwanis Twitter. So one fc was all rumors? Phone Post

i had a feeling that the one fc guy might have been trolling to get some publicity.  I fell for it though.  Shocked it was bellator after all.

I'm happy to see rampage fight though, so congrats to him!   king mo vs rampage will be huge if it goes down.

Rob San Soo - That sucks no onefc? I don't want see him in there format , oh well Phone Post 3.0

Ugh, it would have been awful if he signed with One. They don't have a LHW division to speak of, god knows what horrific horseshit matchups they'd have made for him.

He didnt just sign with Bellator. He is also a TNA wrestler!

QUINTON “RAMPAGE” JACKSON JOINS FORCES WITH BELLATOR MMA, TNA WRESTLING AND SPIKE TV FOR LANDMARK PARTNERSHIP
Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, the mixed martial arts icon and action-movie star has agreed to a monumental, multi-year partnership with Spike TV, Bellator MMA, and TNA Wrestling, it was jointly announced today by Kevin Kay, Spike TV President, Bjorn Rebney, Bellator CEO, and Dixie Carter, TNA Wrestling President.
The landmark partnership includes Jackson competing in Bellator MMA, along with joining the superstars of TNA’s “Impact Wrestling,” which includes fellow Bellator fighter “King Mo” Lawal.
Spike TV will also create a special reality series featuring Rampage that will lead into his debut with Bellator, along with other entertainment initiatives.
“Rampage is a true superstar both inside and outside the MMA cage” Bellator CEO & Chairman Bjorn Rebney said. “The partnership that we’ve created with Quinton is unlike anything that’s ever been done in the sports & entertainment arena and Rampage is the perfect athlete/entertainer to carry it off.”
“Rampage is one of the best known MMA fighters competing today,” said Carter. “He is a true cross-over star and his talent, big personality and popularity among a wide range of fans make him an extraordinary fit for our company,”
“We are thrilled to create this opportunity for one of the greatest athletes and personalities in MMA,” said Kevin Kay, Spike TV President. “Rampage is a proven ratings driver who brings incredible star power to both Bellator and TNA.”
Jackson (32-11) joins Bellator as a former Pride and UFC champion, having last fought on Spike TV in September 2007, in a fight vs. Dan Henderson that drew nearly 6 million viewers, making it one of the most watched fights in the sport’s history. In 2009, Jackson served as a coach on Spike’s “The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights,” the highest-rated season by far in franchise history, delivering over 3 million viewers per week. Rampage joins a Bellator Light Heavyweight division that features “King Mo,” Renato “Babalu” Sobral, Emanuel Newton, Attila Vegh and Vladimir Matyushenko.
The charismatic fighter from Memphis, TN began his professional MMA career in 1999 and established his legacy across the globe through epic battles with MMA titans including Wanderlei Silva, Chuck Liddell, Jon Jones and Dan Henderson among others.
Jackson starred in the 2010 blockbuster film, “The A-Team,” as “B.A. Baracus,” the character made famous by Mr. T in the television series. Jackson’s other film credits include “Confessions of a Pit Fighter,” “Fire With Fire,” “Never Surrender,” and “Miss March.”

Is there any easier fighter at 205lbs to prep yourself for than Quinton Jackson?

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 

Wow that's huge for Bellator

A huge hole in their pockets

js138 - As once a rampage fan, I hope he gets wrestlefucked in everyone of his Bellator fights. In my opinion he does what a good friend of mine once did and was try to place blame on others (UFC) when in reality it's his own short comings.

they hardly have any 205 wrestlers though. i think there are some good matchups, but i think he is there more to help bring recognition to their own fighters, rather than trying to set him up to be a champ or something.

i just find it hard to believe rampage would agree to enter a tournament in Bellator where he could potentially have to fight 3 times in 3 months. Old Pride days Rampage would be all over it, but modern-day apathetic rampage i think will just look for a few fights and do mostly TNA stuff.

I hope bellator takes care of him. He'll probably end his career there. Phone Post

He could probably be their HW champion.

But as him vs. King Mo is the highest profile fight Bellator can make, I assume he'll fight at LHW.

They could also do a crossover with TNA, I'd imagine. Pro wrestling suits Rampage. Rampage could never handle a WWF travel schedule, but I think TNA only fights in one place (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

This is a big acquisition for Bellator though. Rampage is way out of his prime, but still a huge and marketable name.

blupitt - 
nrallen - as long as spike don't try to blur the lines between pro-wrestling and mma this is a positive move.

the only issue with bellator is what seems to be long periods of inactivity, especially for the champs.

Curious too how wrestling and fighting mma is gnna work out. Has King Mo actually had a wrestling match yet? I don't follow Phone Post

I don't know what Mo does with TNA either - what exactly is his role there? Does he wrestle regularly, or what?

And to those saying Bellator wants him to lose to their talent, no way in hell, the best possible thing for Bellator would be Rampage becoming champ..

They aren't going to pay Rampage big money and hope he loses. That would be horrible business decision making.

I want an MMA / Pro wrestling deal :-( Phone Post 3.0

So he has a Bellator/ TNA/ and Spike TV clause in his contract. Can't wait for this..... blue please

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/girlzstalkme02/95facebook9544622004195_zps15b52810.jpg Phone Post

People need to quit knockin pro wrestling. I personally don't watch it but it brought us guys like Sakuraba and Brock. And if I remember the sport was more enjoyable to watch on entertainment value. Shit people don't even call people out anymore, we need someone from parts unknown to come in and wreck shit. Phone Post 3.0