Rampage signs with Bellator NOT One FC

Glad to be able to see him fight again Phone Post 3.0

Bloody Pregnancy Fluids - yuk...

Who wants MMA and TNA to be muddled up like that.
I hate the crossover like that. I recognize that there are people who are fans of both, but would hate for the layperson to associate them too closely. Phone Post 3.0

swedsteve - 
Haulport -
swedsteve -  Damnn.... i hate that bellator is basicly tie-ing itself to TNA and allowing cross overs. Yeaaa people will argue that UFC has that kinda "wolf ticket" fights that has fake drama to boost a fight. BUT ACTUALLY DEALING DIRECTLY WITH "WRASTLING" .... LIKE ALLOWING YOUR REAL FIGHTERS TO BE FAKE DRAMA STARS....... its degrading to MMA Phone Post

Yes, because Brock really degraded the UFC Championship by walking thru Randy Couture and being the UFC's biggest PPV star ever.............

sooo when was brock in the WWE and also the champ at the same timeeee????? I didnt know that happened???? Cause it didnt. What I AM SAYING.... is that doing MMA and "wrastling" together... its fucking sad and degrading. IF YOU ARE KNOWN FOR A MARTIAL ART (I inculde wrestling in this) AND YOU USE IT FOR SOPA OPERA DRAMA. THEN YES THAT IS VERY SAD. Either be fake.... or real. Not both. It paints a horrible picture for MMA... also.. i said absolutely nothing about the UFC. I was speaking about Mixed Martial-Arts. You might have heard of it. Its what they do innnn the UFC. Phone Post

This

its probably good they allow cross-overs. Ken Shamrock probably introduced a lot of fans to the new sport of MMA.

i think people will see the same guy in 2 thigs but if they watch both they will see a big difference. Bellator also doesnt do as much of the trash-talk hype, they do more "these guys are both dangerous fighters" rather than  "this guy hates his opponent".

i hate that people think MMA is the same as pro-wrestling, but i think cross-over stars will help to get rid of that not re-enforce that.

Being good at pro-wrestling takes a lot of work & dedication, and IMO anyone trying to be a pro-wrestler while fighting isn't taking MMA seriously enough. In Rampage's case, there are probably 20+ "name" fighters out there he could easily a fight to and a ton more "unknown" types out there (like Emannuel Newton) who could also beat him, and that is even if he's 100% focused on MMA.

If Rampage wants to do pro-wrestling he should just do that. If he's smart he's worked out a contract that allows him to only fight on Bellator PPVs with a bonus, because otherwise, if he has to fight through a tourney on Spike while trying to learn pro-wrestling at the same time, good luck with that.

I hope he does well, definitely a legend, but he's the type who could easily end his career on a string of very bad KOs and have to rely on something like public appearances & shit as a fallback. And Vince McMahon isn't stupid either, he may have been interested in taking Rampage as a free agent & training him, capitalizing on some of his value, but if Rampage goes off to wrassle in a second-rate organization and simultaneously kills his drawing power by getting his ass kicked in Bellator then Vince isn't going to want him. He should have just tried to get into WWE actually & retired from MMA.

BTW kind of unrelated but KUDOS to the Warmaster for not taking one of these bullshit SpikeTV deals.

Good move for Bellator, Page is still a name and their LHW div is weak enough Page should do well.

Thing thats not a good look for Bellator is the two big deals they've signed they had to include TNA which means they cant offer a fighter a big enough deal financially without taking a big loss. They need another company to put up half the money to make it financially acceptable to the fighter. Thats not good.

With Mo I understand why they would do a TNA deal, he wanted to do it, its a dream of his and I think he will put the work in even though lets face it, it hasnt worked out for TNA so far.

But Page, he is old, has been hurt and isnt motivated, you think he is gonna go and put in the time and work to learn wrestling like Mo does?

So for Bellator its good but TNA is gonna take a loss on this like they've done with Mo.