Rampage Targets Move to Boxing

7 Likes

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s time in MMA appears to be no more.

Rampage began his professional MMA career in 1999 and went on to have an illustrious career most notably taking place in PRIDE FC and the UFC. His most recent stint came inside the Bellator cage where he went 5-3 overall with all losses coming in his most recent four outings.
“This is the thing that people don’t understand about me, I’ve been fighting MMA for so long and I’ve been fighting the best people in the sport,” Rampage told reporters during Triller’s Triad Combat press conference on Monday (h/t MMA Junkie). “I win some and I lose some, but that thrill is not there anymore in MMA like when I started.”

Rampage last fought in December 2019 when returning to Japan for a dream matchup with fellow PRIDE legend, Fedor Emelianenko. Suffering a first-round knockout loss, Bellator would opt not to re-sign the former UFC light heavyweight champion.
A stint in boxing is what Rampage now sets his sights on to reignite his passion for combat. Specifically, he wants to take on former world heavyweight champion, Shannon Briggs.

“Shannon is really disrespectful,” Rampage said. “I’m going to keep it real. It’s embarrassing for me that I lost my last fight the way I did and Shannon was very disrespectful. Before I can even get to the locker room, I got a text on my phone saying, ‘I’ll fight you, I’ll fight you in boxing.’

“Then he goes on to post memes and put my face on ridiculous things. Shannon is real disrespectful and I’m going to shut him up. I’ll let him do all his talking and his laughing. Shannon started this whole feud and called me out at the worst time.”

I look forward to Seeing his FAT asshole get…KNOCKED OUT in the Red Circle!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Retired MMA fighter turned boxer. What could possibly go wrong?

4 Likes

this

Rampage upset someone else is being disrespectful? That’s rich.

2 Likes

1 Like

Rampage has seemingly tried pretty hard to make the fans to forget everything we liked about him early on. coming in to fight Fedor, looking like he hadn’t trained a day, is disrespectful and a massive waste of a legend’s time.

his charm is long gone and he’s older now, no-one could expect him to continue fighting well forever. and it feels like his work over the last few years was to persuade us not to care.

that said, feel like I owe him a debt of giving a bit of a fuck. Will try my best.

6 Likes

Username checks out.

1 Like

100%

1 Like

Is he gonna fight a bucket of KFC ?

4 Likes

I was a huge fan dating back to pride. He really had all the potential but he just has zero IQ in and out of the ring. He has a championship belt in excuses that would make Brazilians jealous.

2 Likes

Briggs will fuck him up badly. Its not like Rampage is a young guy himself, hes old, hes out of shape and Briggs is a naturally bigger guy. Fight shouldnt be sanctioned.

2 Likes

mc hammer kfc GIF

Can we start calling him titties now? Remember when he bullied that overweight contender on ultimate fighter. Not cool.

3 Likes

He also has a real Championship belt.

1 Like

ha I just remembered the only time I was in the same place as Rampage. fucked up night in Brighton, one night heavyweight tournament. he wasn’t fighting but a mate from the wolfslair was.

• rampage drank a fuckload of vodka
  • his mate won but broke his hand
  • at the end of the show he and the wolfslair were sitting around the ring, drinking
  • things got rowdy, he back suplexed his mate with the broken hand
  • the guy was laughing but begging him not to
  • was a testosterone moment if ever I seen one
  • he also got a bit grindy with a mate’s gf
  • the guy is no mug and a very good jiu-jitsu player these days
  • he wanted to attack rampage
  • me and another mate laughed it up and said its rampage, isnt he a character, leave it
  • talked him out if it but we should have helped him
  • we were trained, all over 6’ and full of ourselves but he would have smashed us all, even from his drunken stupor lol
1 Like

I would bet on sober team, once you drunk, you are drunk, you loose reflexes, the eyesight how punches are coming, maybe against the drunk guy he had a chance, multiple opponents and trained? No shot, party of headkicks from all angles and once you are drunk, the coordination is not that great