Rampage: This is a dream come true

GeneraI - 
BadMon -
dubate - 
BadMon -

GOOD FOR RAMPAGE!  UFC is extremely oppressive.

The fighters are contractors when it benefits the UFC but yet they are treated like the most restricted employees.  They don't even have the freedom to tweet their own thoughts in their off time.  They have to sign away their likeness forever..  They can't participate in extra curricular activities.  Their sponsors have to pay UFC. etc

It's absolutely ridiculous.

When you are under contract you are never "off" from being part of that company. Just like Tom Brady can get fined or released if he does something dumb during the summer. Phone Post

Tom Brady will not be let go at any time that the NFL wishes like the UFC can do to its fighters.  Tom Brady is an employee.  Not a contractor like UFC fighters.

world of difference.

Actually, any player in the NFL can be cut/released anytime; though the chances of NE ever releasing Brady is unlikely (but they do have the option) Phone Post 3.0

I'm not a big contract guy but wouldnt NE have to buy out the rest of his contract to release him?

NFL players can be cut at any time. Their contracts aren't guaranteed for future years. If a player is cut during the season they are still paid for that season. I think the difference between UFC fighters and NFL players is the NFL players have a union that looks after their rights.

Kings21 -
GeneraI - 
BadMon -
dubate - 
BadMon -

The fighters are contractors when it benefits the UFC but yet they are treated like the most restricted employees.  They don't even have the freedom to tweet their own thoughts in their off time.  They have to sign away their likeness forever..  They can't participate in extra curricular activities.  Their sponsors have to pay UFC. etc

When you are under contract you are never "off" from being part of that company. Just like Tom Brady can get fined or released if he does something dumb during the summer. Phone Post

Tom Brady will not be let go at any time that the NFL wishes like the UFC can do to its fighters.  Tom Brady is an employee.  Not a contractor like UFC fighters.

world of difference.

Actually, any player in the NFL can be cut/released anytime; though the chances of NE ever releasing Brady is unlikely (but they do have the option) Phone Post 3.0

I'm not a big contract guy but wouldnt NE have to buy out the rest of his contract to release him?

Let's say he goes OJ and murders his wife. Not only would they cut him but they can also sue him to get their signing bonus back. The courts have decided that if you act in bad faith while under your contract the teams have a right to recoup that money. Phone Post

DaddyRich - NFL players can be cut at any time. Their contracts aren't guaranteed for future years. If a player is cut during the season they are still paid for that season. I think the difference between UFC fighters and NFL players is the NFL players have a union that looks after their rights.

They try to, but their union is pretty weak. In fact outside of MLBPA all the unions in sports are pretty weak. Phone Post

So wonder if he'll fight King Mo in Bellator and TNA? Phone Post 3.0

ranier wolfcastle - 

rampage said pride and ufc mistreated him

how long before he says bellator did?

Rampage has said this about every relationship he has ever been in.

He said this about his old coaches when he fought in pride.

He said this about pride itself.

He said this about Juanito Ibarra (he deserved it though)

He said this about mike dolce.

Rampage has complained about every relationship he has ever been in.

dubate - 
Kings21 -
GeneraI - 
BadMon -
dubate - 
BadMon -

world of difference.

Let's say he goes OJ and murders his wife. Not only would they cut him but they can also sue him to get their signing bonus back. The courts have decided that if you act in bad faith while under your contract the teams have a right to recoup that money. Phone Post

Right but I guess I'm more referring to the UFC just cutting guys after a bad performance who are like 2-3 in their last 5 and still have a couple years and a few fights on their contract. Could an NFL team just up and cut a player because he had a bad game?

Pride > Bellator

dubate - 
Kings21 -
GeneraI - 
BadMon -
dubate - 
BadMon -

world of difference.

Yeah, but that's not why most guys get cut. Most guys are cut due to a decline in performance, and they receive every penny of the "guaranteed" portion of their contract (unless of course they run a dog fighting ring or pull an OJ). If a guy signs a 5 year 30 mil contract with 10 fully guaranteed and the team cuts him after a year, they still owe him 10 mil.

Kings21 -
GeneraI - 
BadMon -
dubate - 
BadMon -

world of difference.

No , not a single nfl contract is fully guaranteed. Some have front loaded guaranteed money , but most are not. Players get cut with nothing owed on the regular. But then again we are talking about a ton more money for those players. Their training , food, equipment, travel, dr's, nutritionist and even clothing (team apparel) is all paid for and provided by the team. Those millions they are paid, go directly to their living. Not to mention they are allowed to use their likeness for autograph sessions, promotions and anything else they want to make money with their stature. Phone Post 3.0

lifeaftrprison - 
Kings21 -
GeneraI - 
BadMon -
dubate - 
BadMon -

world of difference.

No , not a single nfl contract is fully guaranteed. Some have front loaded guaranteed money , but most are not. Players get cut with nothing owed on the regular. But then again we are talking about a ton more money for those players. Their training , food, equipment, travel, dr's, nutritionist and even clothing (team apparel) is all paid for and provided by the team. Those millions they are paid, go directly to their living. Not to mention they are allowed to use their likeness for autograph sessions, promotions and anything else they want to make money with their stature. Phone Post 3.0

Ah ok. I'm an NHL fan, not so much football. So I'm not familiar with how the NFL works. Again, not a big contract guy either so I dont know for sure how all the contracts in the NHL work either but I often hear about guys having their contracts bought out so that the teams can move them off the roster.

lifeaftrprison - 
Kings21 -
GeneraI - 
BadMon -
dubate - 
BadMon -

world of difference.

Most NFL contracts do have guaranteed money, and if a player is cut they owe him that money. The money that a player "loses" hasn't been earned yet.

If a guy signs for 5 years and 30 million, and they guarantee 10 of it, that is his money, unless he goes all Pacman Jones. If he sucks his first year and they want to cut him, they owe him 10 million as it was guaranteed, but are off the hook for the non-guaranteed portion which in this case would be the remaining 20.

Quinton 'Johnny Damon' Jackson

dubate - 
BadMon -
dubate - 
BadMon -

world of difference.

Players can be cut at any time as long as they are not injured (I believe, if the players on the injured list the team has to wait till the end of the year to cut him). If they are involved in conduct detrimental to the team or the league they can be released and even sued to recoup their signing bonus. Not that big of a difference. Phone Post

False again Dubate. 

Why do you post about things you don't know about?

Reeko - God I really hope Hulk Hogan teaches this guy a lesson.

It's time for some Brother on Brotha crime, brother! Phone Post

Macedawgg -
dubate - 
BadMon -
dubate - 
BadMon -

world of difference.

Players can be cut at any time as long as they are not injured (I believe, if the players on the injured list the team has to wait till the end of the year to cut him). If they are involved in conduct detrimental to the team or the league they can be released and even sued to recoup their signing bonus. Not that big of a difference. Phone Post

False again Dubate. 

Why do you post about things you don't know about?

They can't just cut an injured guy. Cutting someone refers to you stop paying them. They have to reach an injury settlement before they can release them.

As long as we're still talking about facts, you never explained your claim that it only costs 200k to put on a UFC PPV event. Phone Post

Actually I fully explained it in that thread. 

You didn't like my explanation, and claimed I was "inventing." 

Macedawgg -

Actually I fully explained it in that thread. 

You didn't like my explanation, and claimed I was "inventing." 

Your explanation was "I know people". Phone Post

Actually it wasn't. 

It was I called people who know, and found out.

Macedawgg -

Actually it wasn't. 

It was I called people who know, and found out.

Mystery men who shall not be named or provide anyone with sources or links to anything you stated. No proof, just "I know someone" oh wait, that's not it. "I called people". Phone Post