Ran a Mile in 15:32

I also am 6'2" and weigh 362, I have lost 80lbs in 5 months. I thought that was pretty good for not training at all. It was a fun run for my sons school. He is 5 and ran with me. It was a lot of fun. Have a goal of running a 5k by end of summer. I think that is attainable.

Way to go, man!

Good job Baptist. Consistency is the key.

Keep up the good work!

Good work. You've got a goal too. Keep working towards it. As LJM said : Consiestency is the key.

Put the effort in and reap the rewards.

Keep us all updated on this thread.

Baz

good job, keep it up stay positive

bapistmo:

AWESOME! Hearing people make dramatic changes keeps me inspired and chips away at my own excuses. I weigh about 45 pounds more than I did four years ago and have been fighting my starting inertia in getting to where I need to be.

Seeing how far you've come (while taking care of your kid no less!) is awesome! Thank you for sharing!

Buddhadev

A mile is the same distance for everyone, and is tough for everyone. I am 5'10" 180lbs with 3% bodyfat and I am as ripped as they come and I can barely run a mile without dying. I can do it in about 5 and a half minutes, but it is tough as shit and I probably can't run for 15 minutes straight without a break. A mile is a good starting point for achieving some distance running abilities that could help you lose weight. Once you can run 2 miles straight then you can really start doing work.

Keep at it........

baptistmo - I also am 6'2" and weigh 362, I have lost 80lbs in 5 months. I thought that was pretty good for not training at all. It was a fun run for my sons school. He is 5 and ran with me. It was a lot of fun. Have a goal of running a 5k by end of summer. I think that is attainable.

AWESOME!!! Congratulations.  Keep up the great work.

thanks guys, did some interval training last night. I remember that stuff being much easier 10 yrs ago...

Good job.

I could try to run a mile if it was for a good cause like a local school, but would more then likely collapse on to half a dozen children and cause a national crisis.

Keep up the great work!

Good job and good luck on your goal. I definitly think it is attainable, but may want to drop a few more lbs before doing a lot of running, for your knees sake.

I just started running myself, trying to lose about 75lbs.  I just got my mile down to 15 minutes.  My goal is 6-8 minutes.  It's a great feeling.  Keep up the great work.

Good work, dude! That's awesome! I've never pushed it, but I run a mile in about 12 minutes and it took you only three minutes longer to carry 140lbs more than I do. If this sounds like a backhanded compliment, it isn't. If I had to carry 140lbs I doubt I could run an entire mile if I had an hour.

Awesome work.

I've gone from 327lbs down to 281 so I'm hoping by the time I get down to where I want to be, I will be able to run a mile  in 6-8 minutes since I will be running with a lot less weight.  :)

Gotta be a record.

Are you going to run the 5k with your son too? That'll be a blast man. Good work.

Crush Crawfish - Are you going to run the 5k with your son too? That'll be a blast man. Good work.

I doubt I will do it with my 5 yr old, my 13 yr old step son my try but I am not holding my breath on that one. However if the 5yr old wants to try I am all for it. Kid has energy for days.

Keep up the great work. Being a fellow big guy 6' 297lbs, stay away from sprint training until you get under 250, also try to run on grass or beach sand. Try speed walking instead of you have to stay on concrete. You can seriously jack up your feet and knees if you sprint or run too hard on concrete. Believe me, I've been there.