Ran a Mile in 15:32

DevilDawg - Keep up the great work. Being a fellow big guy 6' 297lbs, stay away from sprint training until you get under 250, also try to run on grass or beach sand. Try speed walking instead of you have to stay on concrete. You can seriously jack up your feet and knees if you sprint or run too hard on concrete. Believe me, I've been there.

Funny you say that, i developed achilles tendonitis and have been out of commision for 3 weeks. getting better though.

Ice & elevate.

Before you go back to training go to an actually running store and have someone analyze your stride and get a shoe recomendation. It will cost you a little more, but it's all worth it.

If you feel the need to do some kind of sprint work try doing sumo dead lift high pulls for 15 reps and 3-4 sets. My lungs and legs were burning like I was sprinting.

Congrats man!!! Keep up the good work. I feel your pain, I'm starting to get back into shape now and I remember the things I'm doing was much easier 10 years ago. Some how I went from running just over 4 miles in 26 minutes to barely being able to finish a mile without stopping. It will come though.

Best of luck!!!

Keep up the great work and keep us updated!

heel is getting better, still dropping weight, just not as fast. Elliptical machine is my friend.

good job man, although I rarely run these days, mostly cycling or stairmaster and other machines I dont know their names lol. It's not funny when I do squats and hearing my knee cracking....

80lbs in 5 months is a lot of work man, you must have an iron will to endure that.

Pardon the language, but fucking fantastic!!! Keep it up bro!

Good effort Brah.

baptistmo -   How you doing it, man?  Can you post your workout/diet?

ttt

That's fantastic, keep it up. Posts like this motivate the Hell out of me.

That's great, the best I've done is a mile in ten minutes on the treadmill, but I think I can do it in 9. 80 pounds in 5 months is hard work, I'm sure it takes a hell of a lot of determination and will. Anyways, keep it up and good job.

So, down 100, but I haven't been able to work out much in the last say 6 weeks. my foot is better, but I bulged a disc in my neck pinching a nerve. Finally over that so I will be hitting in hard next week.

My work out is just weights, nothing heavy anymore. I have no desire to bench 300 anymore or squat 450. I try to deadlift and squat, but at just comfortable weights. I try to walk at 3.5 pace at a 3.5 incline for 30-45 min or do the elliptical at a 5 or 7 resistance for 30-45 min.

Diet is protein in the morning, alot of salads or chicken sandwich for lunch and then chicken, steak, burger whatever in the evening. I try not to eat alot of pasta or sugary foods.

I mean honestly I weighed 441 and I was eating shitty, now I eat relatively healthy, or at least shit tons better than I was. Still doesn't mean I won't have some ice cream with the family or a slice of pizza. I don't even look at it like a diet, more of a lifestyle change. I know that sounds gay, but it's true.

My doctor did put me on Phentermine to help appetite in the beginning, and that stuff really works, I still take it now, but I sometimes forget 3-4 days in a row. I think in the beginning it really helped some fast weight loss, now I am at 10 pounds a month or so, which at my size isn't anything special.

baptistmo - 
Diet is protein in the morning, alot of salads or chicken sandwich for lunch and then chicken, steak, burger whatever in the evening. I try not to eat alot of pasta or sugary foods.

I mean honestly I weighed 441 and I was eating shitty, now I eat relatively healthy, or at least shit tons better than I was. Still doesn't mean I won't have some ice cream with the family or a slice of pizza. I don't even look at it like a diet, more of a lifestyle change. I know that sounds gay, but it's true.

great job man! and no it's doesn't sound gay because this is what it should be: a lifestyle change if you want to have consistant and permanant results

ttt

Good work!

ate some pizza last night for the first time in a while, and not just one slice, it was a meal. Shit my brains out for an hour at 2 am. Note to self, there is a reason I stopped eating that shit, stick to gameplan. go to doctor today for official weigh in.

I need to find something new to do for a work out. Maybe grappling (i coach club wrestling, but that doesn't start for a while) or something bjj related, however, I don't want to compete or be on a team type thing.

Crossfit is interesting but all the gyms in the area are expensive as fuck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

baptistmo - ate some pizza last night for the first time in a while, and not just one slice, it was a meal. Shit my brains out for an hour at 2 am. Note to self, there is a reason I stopped eating that shit, stick to gameplan. go to doctor today for official weigh in.

I need to find something new to do for a work out. Maybe grappling (i coach club wrestling, but that doesn't start for a while) or something bjj related, however, I don't want to compete or be on a team type thing.

Crossfit is interesting but all the gyms in the area are expensive as fuck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

This may not be up your alley - but get a bike and ride. You won't have the knee/back issues from running, and it can be good exercise if you push your self.

If you would rather do a more grappling related workout, well I can understand that as well.