Ran into an old friend that is now a"PRO" fighter.

dont ever tell people i train, and anybody that tells me they train and i dont spar with them or at least see them at the gym i call bullshit on the spot.

So im in macon, ga visiting some friends and family and my friend and ug poster bubbydahawk and i go out to a bar for some drinks after ufn 18.  We hear that there is a WEC fighter up at a local club so we leave to go see who the fuss is about. 

As we walk in i see a gentleman about 5'7 145 pounds with a shaved head and spectacles in a "champs""cage fighter shirt".

I approach the guy (while hes talking to a girl) and i ask him if he trains and he simply points to his shirt, and i asked him where he got it and he told me "from my sponsor" and looked at the girl as if to say "fuck this guy."

I then ask him what sponsor and he tells me champs and cagefighter and tells me that he's fighting in the wec coming up in atlanta. and how he got scouted by the wec at a grappling tournament in atlanta where he trains at knuckles up. and how he knows the owners of rush mma (the local mma school in macon) while im standing right next to the owner interrogating him.

I then tell him who i am and that the wec isnt going to atlanta and they dont recruit ppl at grappling tournaments and the gym is called knuckle up not knuckles up and that the owner of rush mma is this guy(i point to bubbydahawk.

I ask him where he got the shirt and he tells me from his friend kendall"the spyder" grove(points to the back of his shirt. to which i say"who" and he tells me "he's a ufc fi..." i cut him off and tell him i know who kendall grove is "but your shirt says brandon the truth vera on the back"

he told me that he got them mixed up and then proceeded to tell me that he doesnt fight that he just works on base.  sad thing is that  girl he was talking to met back up with him when we were done talking and he left with her, she was hot, and still thinks to this day she is dating a ufc fighter most likely.

only in macon

didnt kno people lie about this... im appaled

ninjaturtle2048 -    So im in macon, ga visiting some friends and family and my friend and ug poster bubbydahawk and i go out to a bar for some drinks after ufn 18.  We hear that there is a WEC fighter up at a local club so we leave to go see who the fuss is about. 
  As we walk in i see a gentleman about 5'7 145 pounds with a shaved head and spectacles in a "champs""cage fighter shirt".
  I approach the guy (while hes talking to a girl) and i ask him if he trains and he simply points to his shirt, and i asked him where he got it and he told me "from my sponsor" and looked at the girl as if to say "fuck this guy."
  I then ask him what sponsor and he tells me champs and cagefighter and tells me that he's fighting in the wec coming up in atlanta. and how he got scouted by the wec at a grappling tournament in atlanta where he trains at knuckles up. and how he knows the owners of rush mma (the local mma school in macon) while im standing right next to the owner interrogating him.
I then tell him who i am and that the wec isnt going to atlanta and they dont recruit ppl at grappling tournaments and the gym is called knuckle up not knuckles up and that the owner of rush mma is this guy(i point to bubbydahawk.

I ask him where he got the shirt and he tells me from his friend kendall"the spyder" grove(points to the back of his shirt. to which i say"who" and he tells me "he's a ufc fi..." i cut him off and tell him i know who kendall grove is "but your shirt says brandon the truth vera on the back"

he told me that he got them mixed up and then proceeded to tell me that he doesnt fight that he just works on base.  sad thing is that  girl he was talking to met back up with him when we were done talking and he left with her, she was hot, and still thinks to this day she is dating a ufc fighter most likely.

only in macon

...that's awesome,I wonder how many other pro fighters have done that just for the laughs

I work security at a bar in between fights.  After working there for a while the regulars started to recognize the skills.  All the local tough guys ask me about training and brag about whatever belt they got in elementary school.  They all wanna start training again and ask to come by the gym.  Out of the 50 or so invitations only 1 guy showed up, and I let my 135er wreck him.  My advice keep a good bantom weight around to smash posers.

I lie about training ALL the time.

Perhaps the best public example of this in history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTwy-M40Eb8

ninjaturtle2048 -    So im in macon, ga visiting some friends and family and my friend and ug poster bubbydahawk and i go out to a bar for some drinks after ufn 18.  We hear that there is a WEC fighter up at a local club so we leave to go see who the fuss is about. 

only in macon

so you didn't fuck this guy up why?

ttt, well i emotionally beat his ass, so i figured that was enough.

Well last summer my place of work hired this kid I had met just briefly a few years back.Now when I knew this kid he was easily one of the biggest pussies I ever had met...I barely knew him and the one night he came running up to me with tears in his eyes...balling like a baby that he was about to get beatup by this kid and he didnt want to fight him...fair enough I guess.So I confront this kid to tell him to ease off,the kid didnt want to fight and just leave it at that.Turns out the kid that was going to beat him up was about 5 years younger and about 6 inches shorter.

Anyway fast forward back to last summer.So they hire this kid and right away he's telling everyone how he was this badass "pro cagefighter" and how hes been training for 3 years and already had 4 pro fights.So I ask him where he trains and he tells me(knowing this school is about 2 hours away),I knew he was lying.

So that night I went home called his supposed school and told him this guy referred me to them and that he trains with you.Well much to their amazement and mine he wasnt a member of theirs,never has been and obviously never will.Next day I let him know of my finding in front of everyone and havent seen the kid since...not a great story but it is true.

NHB USA - 
ultimoplata - ...this crap happens all the time,and its hilarious!Its always some dude you haven't seen in years and you ask what hes been up to and then it happens.Its never even a good story,they always train somewhere you know they don't,because you do or know someone who does.They are always about to be on TUF,or just talked to Dana.Its kinda funny how many people love the idea of being a fighter,its the new rock star.PLEASE sharer your stories,I know the UG has some good ones.BTW..my old buddy ended up NOT being a pro fighter,didn't want to leave ya hangin. LOL

So funny. I bet he's trains UFC.

RyanWilcox - 
ultimoplata - ...this crap happens all the time,and its hilarious!Its always some dude you haven't seen in years and you ask what hes been up to and then it happens.Its never even a good story,they always train somewhere you know they don't,because you do or know someone who does.They are always about to be on TUF,or just talked to Dana.Its kinda funny how many people love the idea of being a fighter,its the new rock star.PLEASE sharer your stories,I know the UG has some good ones.BTW..my old buddy ended up NOT being a pro fighter,didn't want to leave ya hangin. LOL

Losers have loser friends.

Think about it.
...not only did you get the point(sarcasm)you cut me like a Kenflow elbow.

ninjaturtle2048 -  ttt, well i emotionally beat his ass, so i figured that was enough.

it was pretty funny...we just got back in town from cole vs junie...this retard in my home town starts in with this WEC shit..here in macon, GA(30 min south of ATL) I as well as maybe 5 others currently are pro, a chunk load of ammys, and they all train at the gym I own, which is the only one here, so this nutsak comes in and is just bein a bitch right off the bat..when we addressed him, he was tryin to scoot away from these girls that were up his ass so they wouldnt hear him gettin called out..it was classic..and now this ass face has to hear our gym mentioned in some conversation daily and know that he was punked by someone from there