Random coffee shop conversations

Do any of you like to have random conversations at coffee shops? I'm more of an introvert so I usually just sit there with my drink and kindle. It's kinda tempting because sometimes I hear wacky things. Have any fun stories? Starbucks must hate people that come in and just use the wifi without buying a drink.

Say wha? 

Not coffee shops but i always make small talk. I struck up a conversation with  a bloke on the bus in manly sydney. It turned out he was the main character in the first play ever at the sydney opera house. 

Another time hitchhiking around southern Queensland. I was in the hinterland and it was nearing dark. This old guy pulls over in a volvo. Asks me where im going. I say anywhere south. He replies that he only lives couple km down the road. He was playing bob dylans another cup of coffee. He struck up a conversation about dylan and his influences on music and popular culture. He offered me a place to stay the night. Ended up smoking his home grown reefer and drinking beer. He was a medic in the vietnam war and lost his wife along time ago and kids moved interstate. Poor old dude was leading a lonely life. But amazing house nestled in the foot of the mountains. Nearly burnt his shed down too. 

sassen -

Not coffee shops but i always make small talk. I struck up a conversation with  a bloke on the bus in manly sydney. It turned out he was the main character in the first play ever at the sydney opera house. 

Another time hitchhiking around southern Queensland. I was in the hinterland and it was nearing dark. This old guy pulls over in a volvo. Asks me where im going. I say anywhere south. He replies that he only lives couple km down the road. He was playing bob dylans another cup of coffee. He struck up a conversation about dylan and his influences on music and popular culture. He offered me a place to stay the night. Ended up smoking his home grown reefer and drinking beer. He was a medic in the vietnam war and lost his wife along time ago and kids moved interstate. Poor old dude was leading a lonely life. But amazing house nestled in the foot of the mountains. Nearly burnt his shed down too. 

What’s your number at?  How many bodies? You’re a true fucking psychopath. 

I’mGhayForJhay -
sassen -

What’s your number at?  How many bodies? You’re a true fucking psychopath. 

I hitch hiked for 3months straigh with just a backpack. Made heap of memories. Couple homicides and rapes thrown in for good measure.

I did this morning. I said to the guy in line ahead of me, "Didn't I see you this weekend?"

(He was cornering some fighters that were on my MMA event on Saturday)

sassen - 

I thought you were in jail, Kai