Randy Couture’s Concern With Anti-trust Lawsuit Settlement

Typically the class representatives tend to get larger payouts than the rest of the class members. Also, I believe the 1200 class members is only for the Le suit, but this settlement also covers the Johnson class as well. It’s unclear how many members there are in that due to contract clauses waiving rights to legal action.

1 Like

It’s much better than I would have expected but imagine why the UFC agreed to that. They saved way more, not just now in this case, but in the future ones too. Randy is right that it’s bad for the fighters. The UFC probably doesn’t have to change much if at all their operations.

I just hope Randy can buy lots of new scarves with this windfall.

2 Likes

Anyone remember when Randy lied about his payouts and Dana/Lorenzo had a press conference showing the cashed checks?

5 Likes

I wonder if this spawns a new contract clause prohibiting future fighters suing?

This will negatively affect all future fighters

1 Like

New contracts have an arbitration clause where you cannot be part of a class action.

5 Likes

Damage already done

Can contracts do that? So many seem excessive. Like, you can’t put anything you want in there!

I have seen contracts with those arbitration clauses.

Oh me too. I just wondered if they are enforceable. I mean, if there’s no limits, companies with leverage would rape us all…legally, with no lube.

Never seen them contested. I have seen companies lose for trying to get people to sign the rights away of othets to sue. For examplez a company I worked at was afraid of being sued by an employee so they tried to get them to sign a contract that his heirs couldn’t sue, it was total lawyer dickhead bullshit that wouldn’t hold up

My Union contract required arbitration