Randy Couture wants Rua, Machida, or retirement

This is the perfect time for Randy to retire: he's clearly past his prime, but has still done really well in his recent fights. Retire now and he goes out on a high note; continue for a few more years and it will just tarnish his legacy.

Randy vs Machida is pretty compelling.

Personally id like to see Randy vs Crocop and Randy Vs Franklin before he retires.

I like the idea of Randy Vs Franklin....but Shogan or Machida would fuck his shit up, and I don't want to see that. Phone Post

^^^ Shogun, rather. Phone Post

Randy should retire on a high note and not follow Chuck's route. Whilst he still has his wits about him. Phone Post

Randy vs Machida at Rio sounds good to me.

If Randy were to beat either he'd be on the hook for more fights.

Wtf Randy? He was just saying how his title run days are over, suggesting match's that are more for fanfare would be his next fights. Now he's saying give me a top 3 or I retire?

I think its the perfect time for Couture for retire. he was able to get a win over a quality opponent in vera. settled an old score in some regaurd with coleman, and then he was able to kind of defend the sport and crush toney. i dont see any reason to keep fighting, lets just say for the sake of arguement he beats shogun of machida, then what??? another title run??? of what he loses, why go out like that??? dosent add up

REGUARD*.....im retarded

vandelay - REGUARD*.....im retarded

Not just another run of the mill 10'er here folks.

randy vs machida sounds fun

yes you are.

lol

Fact is that it's remarkable what the man has accomplished already, and if he can't have an interesting match then he doesn't want one at all, and I don't blame him.

If he does fight again, it doesn't need to be against a freak like Lesnar or Carwin, and hopefully not against someone like Bones Jones that will cave his head in.

Personally I've still got the fire burning for a Fedor fight if he ever comes to terms with the UFC. Unlikely, but that's my vote.

A Machida fight would make sense I suppose. But he has not earned a shot at the title so Rua is out. There are to many guys waiting in line that have done what it takes to get that shot.

Badlands Meanie - 

Not just another run of the mill 10'er here folks.

Yea ive been reading posts on this site for years. Been training and fighting for a while now. always wanted to start posting here but never did in fear of people looking at my sign on date and the number of posts i had and figuring i dint know what the fuck i was talking about based on those facts alone...(sighs and rolls eyes) guess i should just stick to discussing the sport with my teamates and friends. I mean after all it takes a lot of posts/threads to be considered an educated fan. if id only signed on sooner think what my have been......

I think Randy needs to retire. If anything, i could possibly see a fight with Machida but he definitely doesn't deserve a fight with Rua. Randy is nowhere near relevant to the title picture and his handpicking opponents is bs. The UFC needs to move on, Randy needs to hang 'em up.

Sounds like he just wants retirement.

I've been saying for a while Randy vs Machida is the way to go.

Its win and win.

Get to see Randy one last time in a main event.

Machida has now lost 2 in a row so he needs a springboard back into contention.

ABE FROMAN -  Randy Favre

Legit LOL