Randy & Dana & Ryan & Kizer

CindyO -
Elias Cepeda - 

Thanks for reading, guys. I really wanted to get a better understanding of the situation and what happened after Dana's media scrum comments last week. 

And what new did you understand that you didn't already know??? Did it occur to you to ask Keith what he would do if DW tried to have Randy thrown out after the AC licensed him to corner? Details, homie!!!

Cindy

This! Phone Post

CindyO -
Elias Cepeda - 

Thanks for reading, guys. I really wanted to get a better understanding of the situation and what happened after Dana's media scrum comments last week. 

And what new did you understand that you didn't already know??? Did it occur to you to ask Keith what he would do if DW tried to have Randy thrown out after the AC licensed him to corner? Details, homie!!!

Cindy

This. Phone Post

Ryan should go to Bellator. Thats his dad. Phone Post

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Ryan should go to Bellator. Thats his dad. Phone Post

Kind of agree. I couldn't just sit there while some dude said the only time my dad was ever a man is when he stepped in the cage. Phone Post

^^^ nor could I pretty boy... if I'm loyal to my family. Maybe Ryan wasn't raised that way. I would have walked with my dad and told DW to F off.

Cindy Phone Post

Ryan goes to bellator with pops and he'll never get a UFC shot again. He can always go there if need be but he won't get another crack at the show again. Phone Post

Tony Eveready - 
CindyO - ^^^ nor could I pretty boy... if I'm loyal to my family. Maybe Ryan wasn't raised that way. I would have walked with my dad and told DW to F off.

Cindy Phone Post

Not like randy has been loyal to his family in the past Phone Post

Ouch... so true. Like father like son, I suppose.

Cindy

PrettyBoy - 
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Ryan should go to Bellator. Thats his dad. Phone Post

Kind of agree. I couldn't just sit there while some dude said the only time my dad was ever a man is when he stepped in the cage. Phone Post

Uh no. What's best for Ryan's career is to be in the UFC. What's best for Randy's career is to be with Bellator. Randy knew his choice was going to have negative ramifications, Ryan shouldn't have to pay for that and I don't think Randy expects him to. It's business

^^^ I bet Randy and Ryan assumed DW would cut Ryan when this came out as many others did. Since DW's so "predictable" and all:) When he didn't, I bet that was a headscratcher for both.

Cindy

Dana will just have Ryan over matched (which won't be hard), and wash the Couture name out of the octagon with a beating. The kid should get while the getting is good.

TTT.

Elias Cepeda - 
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
Elias Cepeda - 
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

why doesnt he have the power?  ac can license him, but can they force an event to accept the licensed corner? i dont think so...

Why do you feel the organization would or should have a legal say in the people that corner fighters? It is the commission's job to evaluate and determine who is capable and allowed to corner fighters

because its their event...the AC is there to ensure that the corner people are capable of cornering the fighter..thats it...its the UFC's event...they can exclude any fighter they dont like, and person from the media they dont like, any fan they don't like...why would they have to accept the corner?

I believe that they, in fact, do. Not sure I agree with fighters, fans, coaches and media all being the same in this regard, either

I think it sets a dangerous precedent when you let the promotion decide who can or cannot corner a fighter. In the future that could be abused by an unscrupulous promoter trying to swing the odds in the favor of one fighter over another.

Think of it like this: If a shady promoter has the chance to put a boring, lay n pray wrestler at a disadvantage in his title shot with an entertaining, popular champ that makes the promotion money.....

CindyO -
Tony Eveready - 
CindyO - ^^^ nor could I pretty boy... if I'm loyal to my family. Maybe Ryan wasn't raised that way. I would have walked with my dad and told DW to F off.

Cindy Phone Post

Cindy

Jesus Christ lady give it a rest. Attacking the character of a guy just because you don't like his fathers business dealing is pretty low class.

Ryan said it was his dream to fight in the UFC why would anyone piss it away because their dad took a job with another promotion?

Ryan has worked long and hard to get where he is at and it's his time to shine. Let him have the spotlight for change. Phone Post

Cindy, you're my girl but I have zero interest in bad mouthing any of the people involved in this situation. In my personal opinion, Ryan Couture is a rising lightweight, Randy Couture is the best MMA fighter we've ever seen and that Dana White is the best MMA organization exec and promoter that we've ever seen.

That's about all I feel about them personally. I've tried to and believe I have treated all of them with due respect and equally over the years in interviews and stories.

After Dana's vague reference to Randy not being allowed at UFC events, I knew nothing about the situation. Nor did any of us not named Couture or White. After  trying to reach him, and reaching and speaking with Randy, Ryan and Kizer, I learned a whole lot more that I didn't know. 

1. Found out that the UFC and Dana White had absolutely not improperly tried to get the NSAC to not license Couture. 

2. Found out from Ryan Couture that he is under the impression that his UFC contract is pretty much conditional on him not having his dad at his fights in any capacity.

There still are more questions, like will Dana White have a similar talk with all UFC roster fighters that are from XTreme Couture? Can the UFC refuse to credential someone a state commission has licensed? Can/will the UFC kick out someone in the audience that has paid for a ticket? What do we know about case law in terms of what is fair and unfair, proper or improper with fight contracts in this regard (promoters deciding who can and cannot corner fighters for reasons other than competncy, skill and qualification)?

I've started to ask some of these additional questions. And as I get more answers, I'll write more and have it published. Until then, you know how to get a hold of me outside of a public forum. 

john joe - Ryan's first fight has just been confirmed as Ross Pearon, in sweden

there's no AC there to get involved in any cornering issues; unless you count the IMMAF but they arent going to say anything

John brings up a very interesting point, here.

Elias Cepeda - 

Cindy, you're my girl but I have zero interest in bad mouthing any of the people involved in this situation. In my personal opinion, Ryan Couture is a rising lightweight, Randy Couture is the best MMA fighter we've ever seen and that Dana White is the best MMA organization exec and promoter that we've ever seen.

That's about all I feel about them personally. I've tried to and believe I have treated all of them with due respect and equally over the years in interviews and stories.

After Dana's vague reference to Randy not being allowed at UFC events, I knew nothing about the situation. Nor did any of us not named Couture or White. After  trying to reach him, and reaching and speaking with Randy, Ryan and Kizer, I learned a whole lot more that I didn't know. 

1. Found out that the UFC and Dana White had absolutely not improperly tried to get the NSAC to not license Couture. 

2. Found out from Ryan Couture that he is under the impression that his UFC contract is pretty much conditional on him not having his dad at his fights in any capacity.

There still are more questions, like will Dana White have a similar talk with all UFC roster fighters that are from XTreme Couture? Can the UFC refuse to credential someone a state commission has licensed? Can/will the UFC kick out someone in the audience that has paid for a ticket? What do we know about case law in terms of what is fair and unfair, proper or improper with fight contracts in this regard (promoters deciding who can and cannot corner fighters for reasons other than competncy, skill and qualification)?

I've started to ask some of these additional questions. And as I get more answers, I'll write more and have it published. Until then, you know how to get a hold of me outside of a public forum. 

Elias,

And you're my boy;) I guess its cool that you found out DW HASN'T tried to get the NSAC to NOT license Randy, something NO ONE had even accused him of doing, BTW.

And it's cool that Ryan had the same impression DW did about Randy's involvement AT the fights, but did anyone think DW did NOT tell him what he claimed he did? And DW was far from being "vague" about his stance- he was crystal clear.

How come you didn't ask Keith what he would do IF DW tried to have Randy thrown out after the AC licensed him to corner? Is/was that NOT something people want to know? If DW has the ability to do that?

Please let us know when you get some answers. I guess your article just left me wanting more, hence my question:)

Cindy

vaginal tear - 
CindyO -
Tony Eveready - 

Cindy Phone Post

Cindy

Jesus Christ lady give it a rest. Attacking the character of a guy just because you don't like his fathers business dealing is pretty low class.

Ryan said it was his dream to fight in the UFC why would anyone piss it away because their dad took a job with another promotion?

Ryan has worked long and hard to get where he is at and it's his time to shine. Let him have the spotlight for change. Phone Post

You don't have to like my values or opinions, vaginal tear but I will post them just the same, thank you. Hit the ignore button if you don't want to read them... that's what I would do.

I wouldn't care what was at stake, I would never work for or associate with someone (as a contractor or in any other capacity)  who disrespected one of my parents publicly. I would have told DW to F off in Ryan's situation... but I was raised differently, apparently.

So if DW shit on your dad in the media (saying he wasn't a man once his big toe leaves the Octagon) you would be all like, "Well, I'd like to care but having your back  won't allow me to get what I want so... yeah, I'm gonna agree to NOT have you there anymore Pops. But I'll miss ya, man!"??? GTFO! lol

Cindy

State agencies can't force private orgs to accept people in most instances absent some type of discrimination

Licensing usually is usually required for safety reasons.

A DMV can license u to drive. Doesn't mean you must drive. Your parents can ground u from driving now problem

A local government can grant a restaurant a liquor license. Doesn't mean the restaurant must sell liquor.

A contractor can licensed with the state. Doesn't mean anyone has to hire him.

UFC can't stop the AC from licensing someone but they have discretion over who can attend their events outside of government officials. Phone Post

CindyO - 
vaginal tear - 
CindyO -
Tony Eveready - 

Cindy Phone Post

Cindy

You don't have to like my values or opinions, vaginal tear but I will post them just the same, thank you. Hit the ignore button if you don't want to read them... that's what I would do.

I wouldn't care what was at stake, I would never work for or associate with someone (as a contractor or in any other capacity)  who disrespected one of my parents publicly. I would have told DW to F off in Ryan's situation... but I was raised differently, apparently.

So if DW shit on your dad in the media (saying he wasn't a man once his big toe leaves the Octagon) you would be all like, "Well, I'd like to care but having your back  won't allow me to get what I want so... yeah, I'm gonna agree to NOT have you there anymore Pops. But I'll miss ya, man!"??? GTFO! lol

Cindy

You don't think you're being a little... wildly judgmental? The fact is, you don't know what's gone on on Ryan's side of things.

In your hypothetical situation, imagine your dad begs and pleads with you not to ruin your career and dream over a beef he has with your boss. Dana told Ryan the door was still open, you don't think it's likely that a father encouraged his son to chase his dream and succeed in spite of everything?

The UFC can ban/kick out anyone at their events, except AC and Medical. Phone Post