Randy explains his decision

It will be interesting to see the spin that Dana puts on the comments that Randy made to Sherdog re Randy not getting respected and paid less than he thought he was worth.

I must say that Randy isnt showing Big Nog or Vera much respect. I hope that Nog calls him out, Randy wouldnt just run through Nog, noone ever has! I also think that Vera would have given Randy a hard time stylistically.

Interesting times - this may cause the UFC, and maybe MMA in general to open up re pay etc!

COUTURE can be a big name to build an organization around, including future commentating.

1 big fight in another organization with FEDOR would pay as much as several UFC fights.

I keep reading these threads and I keep expecting it to be a hoax.....

^^ would be the greatest troll ever

Dana needs to be fired for this. He basically lost the Rocky of MMA because he wouldn't pay him as much as he paid a washed up Crocop.

WTF it cant be april fools already, its already been once this year.

Very surprising and disappointing decision.

Its like the most seemingly honest, straight forward guy in the sport has well and truly cracked up the egg of Zuffa and we can now see inside and find out what we always known was true about how they treat their fighters. Tito was the first to take a stand now Randy has went one step further. Feel pretty disgusted with Zuffa.

"Certainly there's personal motivation for resigning and taking a stand for myself," he said. "If it sets a precedence that down the road requires athletes to be treated better than that's icing on the cake."

I find it really, really hard to believe that Randy was not the highest-paid guy after Chuck (possibly Tito). They don't just pay guys randomly, and he's the #2 most popular guy if not #1.

TTT

My take on that was FU UFC!

Too many great quotes.

Well done Randy!!!

The UFC does underpay the fighters. For them it was just business as usual.

I think this is a bitch move by both the UFC and Randy. Dana shouldn't have been so cheap to the heavyweight champ and they could have afforded to pay him more. However, Randy was given a title shot as a gift, basically just for being a "big name" and made good on it. He got to have one last run and get his name out there in the public eye for him to get all these acting gigs and whatknot. If not for his latest title run the casual fan would know him as the guy that lost to Chuck twice. I think if he wanted to walk away, the honorable thing would have been to give the winner of the Vera/Sylvia a title shot. I am curious to see just how much he "wants" Fedor. His contract has to expire at some point, if he wants Fedor he's more than free to sit down at the table with M-1 and make it happen.

"I told Dana what to do to get Fedor. He didnt listen, and now Randy "face of the ufc" Couture has turned his back on him."

lol.

Cya randy........don't let the door hit ya were the good lord split ya........

mt

great move by randy. good luck to him.

Resignation?  Is he even an employee?

Show me the Money!!

Good for Randy.

I support Randy 100%!!!!!

The hunington beach badboy in the house!!!! Tito knew the game early. Tito get healthy stay sharp during the downtime.