Randy says GSP is frustrated @ media over Olympics

Handy speaks:

ttt

GSP should of kept his mouth shut about it! I wonder if Gatorade and other companies that sponsor him are happy about him wanting to leave MMA. Personally I think he is feeling the pressure to finish a top contender and is unsure about moving up to 85 for afew fights!

WAR Hardy! (And no I'm not from UK) Venice, Cali son!

VeniceMMA - GSP should of kept his mouth shut about it!

You mad

VeniceMMA - GSP should of kept his mouth shut about it! I wonder if Gatorade and other companies that sponser him are happy about him wanting to leave MMA...

Yeah, a high-publicity run at the Olympic trials would be horrible. Especially for Gatorade. :-p

also...its 'sponsor'

The Alamo Ripper - 
VeniceMMA - GSP should of kept his mouth shut about it!

You mad

No not mad it just amazes me when people with somewhat celebrity get upset when the media covers something they announced!

PatrickFreitas - 
VeniceMMA - GSP should of kept his mouth shut about it! I wonder if Gatorade and other companies that sponser him are happy about him wanting to leave MMA...

Yeah, a high-publicity run at the Olympic trials would be horrible. Especially for Gatorade. :-p

also...its 'sponsor'
Yes I agree with the HIGH-Publicity run at the Olympic trail would be good for Gatorade, but I thought GSP said he would do nothing but train for a year and a half before trying for anything, long time to be away no?

Also, thanks for the spelling correction!

VeniceMMA -
Also, thanks for the spelling correction!

No problem! I would've let it slide it you were from Venice, Italy rather than Venice, California.

I would go for it if I was GSP.

^ the trolls are out again

if GSP does enter the olympics, gets eliminated early (which would probably happen), just imagine how much people would say "MMA wrestlers can't hang with the elite wrestlers of the world".

BJJkilla - if GSP does enter the olympics, gets eliminated early (which would probably happen), just imagine how much people would say "MMA wrestlers can't hang with the elite wrestlers of the world".

you bring up a good point about the shit talkers coming out of the woodwork.

You have to get everything you can out of a sport while you're on top, and GSP is on top right now. He's got a long career ahead of him given his youth but I would hate to see him waste a year-plus and have the outcome be perceived as a failure (whatever that is, which probably varies in people's minds).

However I think people are underselling how insanely tough world-class wrestling is. The dominant guys in the early 2000s -- Hughes (Eastern Illinois, top eight NCAA) and Ortiz (Juco champ) -- were nowhere near even the best COLLEGE wrestlers.

thanks for posting the vid i havent seen tht yet

Arecsa - 
nobones - This should be his goal for the next year and a half:

LOL. GSP wants none of Anderson Silva. He wont even take a fight against a contender at middlweight, let alone a fight against the most dominant middleweight ever. GSP should run off to the olympics asap, before BJ takes the WW belt off of him.

GSP took BJ's soul in that fight, and left Penn in tears. GSP has no reason to take a non title fight at MW now, since the UFC wants him to defend at 170, and GSP's close friend is a top (if not the top MW title contender). That would be a moronic move.

" GSP should run off to the olympics asap, before BJ takes the WW belt off of him."

Moximus, is that you?

I think people underestimate Olympic wrestling

GSP is obviously a great wrestler, but he has virtually no shot at Olympic medaling. I am sure there are a few guys he would beat if he trained for a year and a half, but Olympic wrestling is filled with guys with insane athletic ability like him, plus 20 years of wrestling and expirience on the international level.

I would love to see GSP give it a shot, but I am not looking forward to the people who shit on him for losing to a guy from a random eastern european country in the first or second round

ttt for Randy

LOL @ Randy telling the world what GSP thinks.

Randy should worry about Randy.

GSP strikes me as a guy who just likes to conquer whatever comes his way in life. Arnold Schwarzenegger was the same way. First, he conquered bodybuilding. Then, he conquered Hollywood. Now, one can argue he has even conquered politics.

Men like Arnold and GSP just seem interested in striving to overcome whatever obstacles they feel are in front of them. GSP has had enough success at MMA that, while there are other things he can accomplish, I feel he's starting to feel the pull of tackling another seemingly insurmountable goal.

Unlike Arnold, however, I feel GSP runs the risk of alienating his fan base and his sponsors. I just hope pursuing Olympic wrestling is worth the risk to his MMA career and his popularity throughout Canada and the US. Part of me wants him to go for broke and go for olympic gold, but the other part of me hopes he realizes that very few people are blessed enough to be a legend at anything, and that he shouldn't throw away that opportunity to achieve fleeting, unappreciated success at something else.