Rangel complains for USA

'You do not come into my country, my congressional district, and you do not condemn my president. If there is any criticism of President Bush, it should be restricted to Americans, whether they voted for him or not. I just want to make it abundantly clear to Hugo Chavez or any other president, do not come to the United States and think because we have problems with our president that any foreigner can come to our country and not think that Americans do not feel offended when you offend our Chief of State'...

copied from DrudgeReport

Wasn't Chavez at the UN?

Doesn't the USofA extend it's influence far outside of it's own borders?

WTF?

Sounds like the baby needs spanking (or an education in history).

Chavez might be a moron, but either the USA can stop playing globocop and stop trying to be the emporer to the world economy, or it can start accepting criticism for it's far-reaching (and SOMETIMES detrimental) influence.

If there is any criticism of President Bush, it should be restricted to Americans, whether they voted for him or not.

Well, you know that we never speak ill of any other leaders.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Maybe once Chavez is done ruining his own nation, he can use the petrodollars to attack other nations (economically, militarily), and if those other nations complain, they better do it from outside the border?

C'mon.

You want to be the world leader, and extend your influence, then be a man about it, and accept the (satan-referenced) criticms.

Chavez + Bush + Jamie Farr = triangle of idiocy.

Agree with him or not he voiced his opinion in a fairly civilized way. I don't believe that freedom of speech should be restricted only to Americans in America, so agree with him or not I have to disagree with the above statement on the grounds that anyone should have the right to voice their opinion in a peacefull manner. Our president and government have been critical of Chavez and other world leaders, and the UN being fair/neutral ground, others should have the same right

Keep defending Chavez, man.

I'm just pointing out the built-in hypocrisy of that statement. Rangel can criticize Chavez, but Chavez can't criticize Bush?

"No one can criticize our leader, especially their fucking asshole leader."

Note the logic.

"Chavez might be a moron, but either the USA can stop playing globocop and stop trying to be the emporer to the world economy, or it can start accepting criticism for it's far-reaching (and SOMETIMES detrimental) influence."

Or the USA can stop funding the UN. Why should we give money to an organization where third-world goofs bash us to thunderous applause?

Didnt Chavez make his comments at the UN? The UN is international territory. If the U.S. wants to keep the U.N. within its borders, there cant be a problem with any kind of criticism being leveled against the US within the walls of the UN.

Not trolling. I didnt realize he made the comments outside the UN, as well.

Using analogies like that is not really effective in this case.

Citizens might be able to editorialize about this (being pissed at Chavez) but having one of your politicians pander to emotion like that only goes to make the US look hypocritical.

Again, weak leadership responding to crazy leadership.