rank these NHL hockey players

MrColdCock - 

A lot of modern players have a chance of making it too. I have Crosby, Ovi, Malkin and Kane.

McDavid will the there. Kucherov, Hedman, Draisatl, Mackinnon already doing a lot of damage.

Chara and Keith deserve a look too.

most of those guys won't hold up over long careers, imo. Crosby, Ovi, McDavid all probably. The rest .. we'll see. I love MacKinnon as a player, but he seems too inconsistent, especially in his early career. 

I don't think they hold up to the Trottiers, etc of the world

and Toews over Kane every time

MrColdCock -
PTA -
MrColdCock - 
PTA -
MrColdCock - 

Pull Lemieux and Gretzky out of the conversation and do a top 10 post 1980. Would be a good conversation.

Lots of guys not mentioned yet that are right there with guys like Messier and Ovechkin. Sakic and Yzerman for example. Not to mention non forwards like Bourque, Lidstrom, Hasek and Roy. 

Personally I think Crosby and Jagr are clear 1&2 and then it gets real murky.

this is a great idea for a list ... but yikes there are a lot of guys that can't be left off this list. Off the top of my head ... Yzerman, Bourque, Coffey, Messier, Forsberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Brodeur, Hasek, Roy, Crosby, Ovi, Bossy, Stevens, Jagr, Hull, Selane, Thornton, Iginla, Alfredsson, Karlsson, Hedman, Dionne, Clark, Francis, Savard, Trottier, McDavid, LaFontaine, Lindros ... 

Yikes

So you hate Peter Stastny?

lol clearly was not a complete list!

Haha. Good call on Thornton though. When I think all time great active players I think Crosby, Ovi, Malkin and then can’t decide who’s next. Always forget about Thornton. Right there.

St. Louis

Lecavalier

Nash

Chara

Sakic

Stu Cazzo -

Patrick Kane >

Goal # 399 delivered

GOAT

1990 - 2015 list (no goalies)

1)  Crosby

2)  Sakic

3)  Jagr

4)  Yzerman

5)  Ovechkin

6)  Bure

7)  Datsyuk

8)  Toews

9)  Forsberg

10)  Chara

11)  Lidstrom

12)  Kane

13)  St. Louis

14)  Iginla

15)  Malkin

16)  Messier

17)  Bourque

18)  Sundin

19)  Pronger

20)  Lecavalier

1990 - 2015 goalies

1)  Hasek

2)  Brodeur

3)  Roy

4)  Fluery

5)  Luongo

6)  Vernon

7)  Lundquist

8)  Kiprusoff

9)  Khabibulin

10)  Osgood

wtf - i thought it was 1980 ... not 1990

PTA -

I guess I read it wrong lol

1990+ is more fun imo.

It’s tough doing the year cutoff. I feel

like you still need to include a players whole career. So if you make 1990 the cutoff, then you include Yzerman because most of his career was after 1990. But you include his whole career. It’s hard enough rating players, never mind only counting some of the years they played.

RJJH -

1990 - 2015 goalies

1)  Hasek

2)  Brodeur

3)  Roy

4)  Fluery

5)  Luongo

6)  Vernon

7)  Lundquist

8)  Kiprusoff

9)  Khabibulin

10)  Osgood

Vernon’s a bold choice. Quick? Price?

Who’s the best goalie since Brodeur? Fleury’s a good choice. I like Lundquist though.

RJJH - 
PTA -

I guess I read it wrong lol

1990+ is more fun imo.

I'll do a 1990+ one next ... a lot of it won't change

on the other question of goalies after brodeur

• Lundqvist
  • Thomas

Thomas may get some side eyes, but he was the best goalie in Finland when he played there and NO ONE could understand why he wasnt starting in the NHL. Two of my teammates from college played with him over there and simply stated that it was mind bending that he couldn't get a job in the NHL regularly

My opinion on this was that Thomas was too Hasek-like in that he wasn't traditional and he made coaches nervous. I get that completely - i mean people still call Hasek a flopper when he was clearly the best goalie of all time. Its just a that works for some players

Gretzky, Orr, Mario, Ovi, Bing, Messier

RJJH -

1990 - 2015 goalies

1)  Hasek

2)  Brodeur

3)  Roy

4)  Fluery

5)  Luongo

6)  Vernon

7)  Lundquist

8)  Kiprusoff

9)  Khabibulin

10)  Osgood

Cujo and Belfour need to be on that list. 

Better stats than everyone listed 6-10 besides King

MrColdCock -
RJJH -

1990 - 2015 goalies

1)  Hasek

2)  Brodeur

3)  Roy

4)  Fluery

5)  Luongo

6)  Vernon

7)  Lundquist

8)  Kiprusoff

9)  Khabibulin

10)  Osgood

Who’s the best goalie since Brodeur? Fleury’s a good choice. I like Lundquist though.

Right quite a few guys I’d put before Vernon

Quick, Price, Miller, I’d even throw Beezer out there before Vernon. 

bigwignj -
MrColdCock -
RJJH -

1990 - 2015 goalies

1)  Hasek

2)  Brodeur

3)  Roy

4)  Fluery

5)  Luongo

6)  Vernon

7)  Lundquist

8)  Kiprusoff

9)  Khabibulin

10)  Osgood

Beezer? like Vanbiesbrouck?

he played like 100 more games and has less wins.

Vernon has two cups (more than both Joseph and Belfour combined) and a better winning percentage than both as well.

should I have put them on the top 10 goalies list? definitely. I'd change kipper and maybe osgood and put in Joseph and Belfour.

its hard to leave out Osgood though. 3 cups and a fantastic winning %.

MrColdCock -
RJJH -

1990 - 2015 goalies

1)  Hasek

2)  Brodeur

3)  Roy

4)  Fluery

5)  Luongo

6)  Vernon

7)  Lundquist

8)  Kiprusoff

9)  Khabibulin

10)  Osgood

best goalie since Brody?

Bobby Lou.

RJJH -
bigwignj -
MrColdCock -
RJJH -

1990 - 2015 goalies

1)  Hasek

2)  Brodeur

3)  Roy

4)  Fluery

5)  Luongo

6)  Vernon

7)  Lundquist

8)  Kiprusoff

9)  Khabibulin

10)  Osgood

Vernon has two cups (more than both Joseph and Belfour combined) and a better winning percentage than both as well.

should I have put them on the top 10 goalies list? definitely. I'd change kipper and maybe osgood and put in Joseph and Belfour.

Yeah looked at Vanbeisbroucks stats. For some reason I remember them being better than that. To be fair, those first few expansion panthers teams were absolute trash.

I still put Belfour and Cujo on the list reguardless of cup wins. Cujo was selected as Team Canada’s goalie with Brodeur and Roy in 98 and was World Cup goalie with Brodeur in 96. 2002 was Brodeur, Belfour and Cujo winning a gold medal. Mike Vernon doesn’t have a gold medal. I don’t care if pros weren’t allowed to play in the Olympics yet. Minor details.

bigwignj -
RJJH -
bigwignj -
MrColdCock -
RJJH -

1990 - 2015 goalies

1)  Hasek

2)  Brodeur

3)  Roy

4)  Fluery

5)  Luongo

6)  Vernon

7)  Lundquist

8)  Kiprusoff

9)  Khabibulin

10)  Osgood

Yeah looked at Vanbeisbroucks stats. For some reason I remember them being better than that. To be fair, those first few expansion panthers teams were absolute trash.

I still put Belfour and Cujo on the list reguardless of cup wins. Cujo was selected as Team Canada’s goalie with Brodeur and Roy in 98 and was World Cup goalie with Brodeur in 96. 2002 was Brodeur, Belfour and Cujo winning a gold medal. Mike Vernon doesn’t have a gold medal. I don’t care if pros weren’t allowed to play in the Olympics yet. Minor details.

Beeser was a great goalie. I feel at theis high of caliber of players we are discussing that its basically just splitting hairs.

whats your top 10 goalies look like brotha?

RJJH -
bigwignj -
RJJH -
bigwignj -
MrColdCock -
RJJH -

1990 - 2015 goalies

1) Hasek

2) Brodeur

3) Roy

4) Fluery

5) Luongo

6) Vernon

7) Lundquist

8) Kiprusoff

9) Khabibulin

10) Osgood

Quick, Price, Miller, I’d even throw Beezer out there before Vernon.

I still put Belfour and Cujo on the list reguardless of cup wins. Cujo was selected as Team Canada’s goalie with Brodeur and Roy in 98 and was World Cup goalie with Brodeur in 96. 2002 was Brodeur, Belfour and Cujo winning a gold medal. Mike Vernon doesn’t have a gold medal. I don’t care if pros weren’t allowed to play in the Olympics yet. Minor details.

Beeser was a great goalie. I feel at theis high of caliber of players we are discussing that its basically just splitting hairs.

whats your top 10 goalies look like brotha?

Beeser had the COOLEST goalie masks

![Scariest goalie masks in Rangers history - Forever Blueshirts: A site for New York Rangers fanatics : Forever Blueshirts: A site for New York Rangers fanatics|704x395](upload://b6HprTfPsfhreEI8bdCO6QCZyk.jpeg)

![John VANBIESBROUCK New York RANGERS #34 BEES Mask 92/93 Custom LAB 8X10 SHARP!! | eBay](upload://zIXrht2CWUGRT5QZ7uYlWjE8N2g.jpeg)

![ Photos of John Vanbiesbrouck - Sports Illustrated](upload://vpqiDaCz6WtH8N0omfS3ovIdp2s.jpeg)

goalies for me (since 1980) ...

1. Hasek
  2. Roy
  3. Brodeur - benefitted from being on the devils machine, but was a major part of the machine and changed the position with his puck handling ability
  4. Lundqvist - amazing, but on such terrible teams
  5. Smith - Can't compare stats to today, but he was awesome
  6. Thomas - minimal time in the league for numerous reasons, but an epic player. Won the Bruins a stanley cup and has 2 Vezinas
  7. Price - amazing player
  8. Bobrovsky - Underrated bc of being in Columbus. 2 Vezinas
  9. Belfour - 2 Vezinas and was awesome in 2 distinct eras of the NHL
  10. Fuhr - Nearly impossible to judge his ranking bc the oilers essentially didn't play defense. But watching him play you could see it

Off the list

• Luongo - Great career, but has never been the best goalie in the league in any year. Also fell apart during the finals vs the bruins
  • Vernon - Was really good for a long time, but just outside this group
  • Cujo - Same with Luongo great for a long time but was never the best at his in the league for any year
  • Richter/Beezer - great players, but not the same level
  • Osgood - shouldn't ever be mentioned for this list