Rank UFC champs - who is the biggest draw?

I don't have the raw numbers. If anyone knows how many PPV's each fighter was able to earn as a featured card if her, that would be great.

My guess is, from biggest PPV draw to smallest draw:

1) GSP
2) JJ
3) Anderson Silva (may be in #2 spot after last bout).
4) JDS
5) Benson Henderson/Frankie Edgar (combined the two since its hard to gauge Benson)
6) Jose Aldo
7) Dominick Cruz
8) Demetrious Johnson/Joseph Benavidez

It seems to me that the smaller the weight, the less the interest level as far as PPVs are concerned. I could be wrong though. It would be nice to see numbers on it.

What's your guess? Phone Post

Now I think Anderson would be #1 if it were viewers (due to the enormous Brazil market on free TV), but I'd like to get opinions on the US/Canada PPV market rather than free viewership. Phone Post

"if her" in initial post = main eventer. Damn you, autocorrect! Phone Post

Yea I say it's silva
But if bones keeps wining the way he has it would be him Phone Post

It's actually Jon Jones based on the AMOUNT of fights he has per year. Silva's fights drew less only because he didn't fight one more time.

Source: We had this argument on another thread and pulled out the PPV numbers.

ABE FROMAN - It's actually Jon Jones based on the AMOUNT of fights he has per year. Silva's fights drew less only because he didn't fight one more time.

Nice! Good to know. Jon has been averaging 4 fights a year, or so it seems. With Silva fighting twice, that makes sense. Phone Post

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
ABE FROMAN - It's actually Jon Jones based on the AMOUNT of fights he has per year. Silva's fights drew less only because he didn't fight one more time.

So who has the highest average PPV numbers per event?

Silva. From what I remember his numbers were close to Jon's even though he fought less.

Also, GSP would've probably been #1 if he had fought a couple of more times.

GSP
Silva
Jones
JDS
Aldo
Benson
Cruz

This was September of 2011:

St. Pierre:

* UFC 129 -- 800,000
* UFC 124 -- 785,000
* UFC 111 -- 770,000

Lesnar:

* UFC 121 -- 1,050,000
* UFC 116 -- 1,160,000
* UFC 91 -- 1, 010,000

ABE FROMAN - This was September of 2011:

St. Pierre:

* UFC 129 -- 800,000
* UFC 124 -- 785,000
* UFC 111 -- 770,000

Lesnar:

* UFC 121 -- 1,050,000
* UFC 116 -- 1,160,000
* UFC 91 -- 1, 010,000

Wow. Huge disparity between those numbers and the UFC 150 numbers meltzer out out today.

Lesnar was definitely THE draw in the company for a while. Phone Post

mostly agree with the list although I think Jones will outsell GSP in the next couple of years.  But I also agree with your second post.  If you want to talk about pure eyes on the screen all around the world, instead of just the North American PPV buys then all 3 of the Brazillian champs outpace everyone by a long shot.   Brazillian fighters get tens of millions of viewers in Brazil during their fights, I'm not sure what GSP/Jones get, but I'm sure it's nowhere near that.

Alpha World Peace - 
ABE FROMAN - This was September of 2011:

St. Pierre:

* UFC 129 -- 800,000
* UFC 124 -- 785,000
* UFC 111 -- 770,000

Lesnar:

* UFC 121 -- 1,050,000
* UFC 116 -- 1,160,000
* UFC 91 -- 1, 010,000

Wow. Huge disparity between those numbers and the UFC 150 numbers meltzer out out today.

Lesnar was definitely THE draw in the company for a while. Phone Post

dana should thank lesnar and the wwe for the fox contract

1. Benavidez/Johnson
    2. Cruz
    3. Benson
    4. Aldo
    5. JDS
    6. GSP
    7. Jones
    8. Silva

Switch Aldo for the LW's. Phone Post