RANSOMS-did they ever work?

You hear plenty of stories from back in the 60s and 70s where a member of a wealthy family gets kidnapped and held for ransom…the kidnapoers tell the family they will give little Joey back for a sum of $50,000…problem is, they have to meet up with the family to give the kid back and usually, law enforcement was called and watching the whole thing! I never u derstood how kidnappers thought they could get away with this sort of crime…

We’re their any ingenious criminals who found out how to get the money and give the kid back with actually meeting up with anyone? With the anonymity of Bitcoin and things like that, I imagine ransoms could be more effective in modern days?

They only work in the wrong forum asshole

ons ear - You hear plenty of stories from back in the 60s and 70s where a member of a wealthy family gets kidnapped and held for ransom..the kidnapoers tell the family they will give little Joey back for a sum of $50,000..problem is, they have to meet up with the family to give the kid back and usually, law enforcement was called and watching the whole thing! I never u derstood how kidnappers thought they could get away with this sort of crime..

We’re their any ingenious criminals who found out how to get the money and give the kid back with actually meeting up with anyone? With the anonymity of Bitcoin and things like that, I imagine ransoms could be more effective in modern days?

It’s the largest industry behind oil and drugs in Russia and Latin America.