Rashad Evans has not won a round in two years

unless it was a round where he pulled out a finishing move. Otherwise, Rashad Evans has not won a single round since since fighting Michael Bisping in November of 2007.....in a fight where he earned a SPLIT decision.

Perhaps a chin advantage is to be had against Thiago Silva, but he's really not a better striker. He is definitely not a better ground fighter. He will have to worry about Thiago Silva's power where he didn't have to worry so much while getting his ass kicked for 2 rounds against Forrest.....

Either guy could win, but why is everybody counting out Thiago Silva?

I have Silva winning, but I hope Rashad wins.

thiago is going to make him feel pain

Rashad has looked completely average throughout his entire career, save for 1 good punch against Chuck and 1 good minute against Forrest.

He won a round against a washed up Tito Ortiz...? Does that count?

ajc1984 - Rashad has looked completely average throughout his entire career, save for 1 good punch against Chuck and 1 good minute against Forrest.

LOL rashad wrestled at 174 and then walked into TUF with 6 months of training from Dan Severn at HEAVYWEIGHT and won the entire season, then went undefeated in the UFC until getting KOed by Machida but only after beating 2 recent LHW champs. STFU and GTFO and STFO u retard

Mike Sanders - 
ajc1984 - Rashad has looked completely average throughout his entire career, save for 1 good punch against Chuck and 1 good minute against Forrest.

LOL rashad wrestled at 174 and then walked into TUF with 6 months of training from Dan Severn at HEAVYWEIGHT and won the entire season, then went undefeated in the UFC until getting KOed by Machida but only after beating 2 recent LHW champs. STFU and GTFO and STFO u retard

Sorry, I'd have been a bit more tactful if I knew his mother posted on here.

ajc1984 - 
Mike Sanders - 

Mike makes a very good point. you dont.

ajc1984 - 
Mike Sanders - 

LOL yeah, because only Rashad's mom has the requisite MMA knowledge and motivation to dispute incorrect statements on a discussion forum.

Now run upstairs and tell rashad to come down before his spaghetti gets cold and don't let me catch you using the computer before your homework is done again, boy!!

mmarkrobinson - 
ajc1984 - 
Mike Sanders - 

Perhaps "completely average" was a little harsh but the hype surrounding the guy was off the charts before the Machida fight, based entirely upon 1 punch against Chuck (who has been been dropped with punches by each of his last 5 opponents) and the end of the Forrest fight, completely ignoring his career prior to that.

Apologies but people reading waaay too much into quick KO's in MMA is a pet hate of mine.

ajc1984 -Apologies but people reading waaay too much into quick KO's in MMA is a pet hate of mine.
Have to agree with this. Remember Sokoudjou?

ajc1984 - 
mmarkrobinson - 
ajc1984 - 
Mike Sanders - 

Perhaps "completely average" was a little harsh but the hype surrounding the guy was off the charts before the Machida fight, based entirely upon 1 punch against Chuck (who has been been dropped with punches by each of his last 5 opponents) and the end of the Forrest fight, completely ignoring his career prior to that.

Apologies but people reading waaay too much into quick KO's in MMA is a pet hate of mine.

The fastest of those "quick" KOs took about 7 minutes, doofus. With KOs of Forrest and Chuck in the 2nd and 3rd rounds where does Rashad stand on the fastest UFC KO rankings? I guess just behind Weir, Bang and Todd Duffee, but only by a few seconds...right?

Just LOL@"quick" KOs. Would you like the punches to have been thrown more slowly or something? I guess Rashad was inviting criticism by only knocking out Chuck with one punch, if he had made it a toughman-style brawl where nobody ever got seriously hurt like Forrest vs. Bonnar it would obviously show that he was a better fighter!

Other than KOing people, Rashad hasn't KOed people.

ajc1984

If what youre saying is that he is not the most spectacular fighter, then i agree with you.

I dont think he has never seemed "invincible" or even close to that but he is an excellent fighter.

I think he will control Thiago and win a decision. who knows though, Thiago may knock his head off.

Rashad doesn't use his wrestling enough IMO. If he does this, he improves his chances a lot.

What a silly thread.

Thaigo takes this, I honestly can't remember the last time a fighter as good as T. Silva has received less love from da UG. The kid is a killer and he's going to beat Rashad. IMO.

Thiago is good but I think him and his slightly pointy chin are in trouble if Rashad takes him down and tries to G&P him. Lambert's head got bounced like a basketball and Thiago looked a bit vulnerable to power shots on the ground against Lyoto.

Thiago is a killer.

I think if he does beat Rashad he will get much more respect. however, at this point hes only beat irving, mendes, drwal, jardine and houston alexander.

most people arent too impressed with that. i think the only notable name is jardine. i also think that most people think rashad is better than jardine.

^agreed. The guy record is 13:1:1 and 8:1:1 in the ufc, give the guy some credit.