Rashad Evans: There are many holes in Chuck's game

This thread is gonna get fucking HUGE

MTomlinson - (i.e. CRE saying Silva is too nerdy to be black), it remains true and defiant of any lame race card argument played for Rashad.
No, Silva is too Brazilian to be like an American black person.

ChokeEmOut -  "If you think about it, it’s like this, I’m not a white dude. My fighting style, that’s not how I move and they’re mad at me because I’m black. I got soul or rhythm or whatever you want to call it, but that’s just how I get down."

He just showed his ignorance in pulling the fucking race card, I swear to god they must be born with it or something.

I didn't see a problem with his celebration or whatever, Hell I was actually waiting for him to do something, he seemed real calm and pacing after KOing Chuck.

They?
Who is this "they" that you're referring to?

Rashad WAS on point with it, whether people want to accept it or not. Racism is alive and well in this country, but just much quieter than it used to be.

It was done just the same when Rampage KO'ed Chuck as well, albeit probably not as blatant as was with Rashad though. However, things don't always need to be said literally in order for you to get the message.

Half of it was because no one expected Chuck to get his brain knocked out the way he did. And, the other half was more than likely due to Rashad bringing in full form, the classic Boxing style that most Black folks are familiar with [and most Amer. white folks have yet to beat]. Light on the feet, lots of head movement and great rhythm. Since Sugar Ray Robinson, Leonard, Ali, Mayweather, etc. etc.

Shit hasn't changed, just the year.
Only some people, mostly the hush-hush, whiny ones would like to think things have.

I don't think anyone can reasonably argue that Rashad excessively celebrated. I agree with him that his post fight antics were quite mild when compared to that of other fighters....black, white, or purple.

I'm a white guy, and I took no offense to the "race card" that Rashad supposedly played. I don't necessarily think it's the race card getting played just b/c you mention something race related.

In this case, I thought Rashad was referring to the way he moved in the fight "he was really upset I was moving like that, b/c he couldn't punch me the way he wanted to." They go on to talk about people thinking his movement (head bobbing/body swaying) was showboating and he responds further "I'm not a white dude. my fighting style, that's not the way I move. Now people are mad b/c I'm not a white dude"

Don't think he meant to play race card, just think he was talking about his movement and stereotypically attributed this to his being black.

Of course, this plod fighting/no rhythym white boy can't disagree with his reasoning in general either.

Rashad was right to pull the race card .Chuck celebrates more than any fighter ive seen Lots of fighters do excessive celebrating So what ?they worked hard and the work paid off To single Rashad out as showboating is rasicist IMO

Ensanity - 
theraydiator - 
ChokeEmOut -  "If you think about it, it's like this, I'm not a white dude. My fighting style, that's not how I move and they're mad at me because I'm black. I got soul or rhythm or whatever you want to call it, but that's just how I get down." He just showed his ignorance in pulling the fucking race card, I swear to god they must be born with it or something. I didn't see a problem with his celebration or whatever, Hell I was actually waiting for him to do something, he seemed real calm and pacing after KOing Chuck.

Hold up...

RASHAD didn't play the race card...

His comment was in response to this question by the interviewer: "I got a couple phone calls afterwards with people saying they didn't like the way you celebrated and I thought it was comical because everyone seemed to like Wanderlei jumping on the cage and celebrating while Jardine was still unconscious.  I think a lot of it may be a carryover from TUF and I'll keep it real, I think some of it is the fact that you're black."

Again... that was the question...

Here's Rashad's Answer:

That's a lof of... people hate to say that.  They will never say that's what it is, you know what I'm saying?  If you think about it, it's like this, I'm not a wqhite dude.  My fighting style, that's not how I move and they're mad at my because I'm black.  I got sould or rhythm or whatever you want to call it, but that's just how I get down.  When I used to wrestly, I was the same way and that's just how I get down, but some people feel like I'm supposed to do it like they do it.  Its like, "Oh, that's not how it's supposed to be done." That's not the way you do it, but that doesn't mean that's not how I do it"

Rashad's comments got a bit out of context on this thread.

"I don't necessarily think it's the race card getting played just b/c you mention something race related."

Someone with some logic.

get real people..just because you arent in the klan doesnt mean you arent racist...

when the iceman or franklin run around with the arms open screaming noone bats an eyelash, but when rashad does his little dance a ton of people say shit

its a clear double standard

for most of you, you probably associate rashad's dance with touchdown celebrations of terrell owens or allen iverson beating his chest...guess what all three of them have in common

I give it to Evans, he was real chill about it. Shit if it was me, I would of put on the Albert Manners dance, Shake my ass in front of that knocked out person.

kooldover - i was really starting to like rashad and giving him a chance then he pulls this race bs. way to make a mfer not like you asshole. he didnt celebrate any more than any other fighter. hes been finishing fights. then he goes and says dsome retarded shit like this. im from liking him alot to now, hes ok, cause of one dumbass comment.
Did you miss the part where the interviewer asked him about being black???

Ensanity - 
Ensanity - 
theraydiator - 
ChokeEmOut -  "If you think about it, it's like this, I'm not a white dude. My fighting style, that's not how I move and they're mad at me because I'm black. I got soul or rhythm or whatever you want to call it, but that's just how I get down." He just showed his ignorance in pulling the fucking race card, I swear to god they must be born with it or something. I didn't see a problem with his celebration or whatever, Hell I was actually waiting for him to do something, he seemed real calm and pacing after KOing Chuck.

Hold up...

His comment was in response to this question by the interviewer: "I got a couple phone calls afterwards with people saying they didn't like the way you celebrated and I thought it was comical because everyone seemed to like Wanderlei jumping on the cage and celebrating while Jardine was still unconscious.  I think a lot of it may be a carryover from TUF and I'll keep it real, I think some of it is the fact that you're black."

Here's Rashad's Answer:

That's a lof of... people hate to say that.  They will never say that's what it is, you know what I'm saying?  If you think about it, it's like this, I'm not a wqhite dude.  My fighting style, that's not how I move and they're mad at my because I'm black.  I got sould or rhythm or whatever you want to call it, but that's just how I get down.  When I used to wrestly, I was the same way and that's just how I get down, but some people feel like I'm supposed to do it like they do it.  Its like, "Oh, that's not how it's supposed to be done." That's not the way you do it, but that doesn't mean that's not how I do it"

Ensanity - 
Ensanity - 
theraydiator - 

Hey Ensanity - apparently we're the only people who noticed that THE INTERVIEWER TOLD (not even asked) - TOLD RASHAD THAT HE'S TAKING HEAT BECAUSE HE'S BLACK.

Hold up...

Here's Rashad's Answer:

Apparently nobody here want's to acknowledge that the interviewer told Rashad (not even asked... TOLD) that he's taking heat because he's black.

Sensie goldie from whitey academy

theraydiator - Apparently nobody here want's to acknowledge that the interviewer told Rashad (not even asked... TOLD) that he's taking heat because he's black.

LOL

Come on, get out of here with that "logic" stuff!! 

CRE - 
Rashad came along he did his little dance, but for the most part he is even keeled with his personality and he uses tact when he speaks. I think his education comes out many times when he says things and the way he carries himself is not the way a "thug" or "Streetfighter" would carry himself..That doesn't mean he isn't capable of being either of those things or he doesn't have some of that in him. For the most part what you know about Rashad is what you have seen on The Ultimate Fighter, a chopped up ultra-edited reality show..Still Rashad is held to a higher standard and also many feel like he turned his back on them when he had a chance to be "classier" and to "fit their mold" better..Rashad didn't conform the way you wanted, he was supposed to be the Bill Cosby of MMA.

lol, thats the biggest stretch of a psycho-analysis i've ever seen!

and I think its hilarious because i'm not cool with the liberal use of the race card, especially completely unsubstantiated cases like this, you think I am a racist who was hoping Rashad would the Bill Cosby of MMA?

CRE, might want to start wearing headgear bro.

People should definately read teh entire interview. Many of the statements were taken out of context.

JOESONDO - People should definately read teh entire interview. Many of the statements were taken out of context.

TRUTH