rashad's striking WAYYYY overrated

"Rashad's best bet is to revert to wrestling and hope that Lyoto isn't to elusive to avoid it.
You have ignored this user."

I think that's a fair assessment of the upcoming fight. I'm pulling for Lyoto.

A black man might be fast enough to catch Lyoto. They tend to be more fleet of foot than honkeys. Machida will have to actually jump out of the cage or perhaps ride a motorcycle during the fight to be 'elusive' against Rashad.

Forrest is a different type of striker than Lyoto. Forrest comes forward and utilizes his long reach (he's 6'3" after all) with kicks and punches. That kept Rashad at a distance for a bit, given Rashad's height/reach disadvantage. When they exchanged after Rashad found his range, Rashad's hand speed, accuracy, and power were noticeable. Rashad also did a very good job checking both outside and inside leg kicks, and a body kick eventually got Forrest taken down and destroyed.

Machida is a good striker, but he's not shown he can come out and work over Rashad either. Machida was very sporadic in his standup against Tito, and Tito isn't near as quick or near the striker Rashad is (nor does he mix his MMA game like Rashad). Evans has a chance to win this fight.

actually...forrest is a very similar striker to machida..he tries to be very technical, get hit as little as possible, use footwork, use kicks punches and knees and dont put a lot of power behind the strikes

yes, forrest is much bigger, but he is also much slower and less technical than machida

def overated BUT he is def getting better each fight...forrest was beatin that ass for 10 minutes

goku - actually...forrest is a very similar striker to machida..he tries to be very technical, get hit as little as possible, use footwork, use kicks punches and knees and dont put a lot of power behind the strikes

yes, forrest is much bigger, but he is also much slower and less technical than machida

You described every fighter in the most vague of terms. Practically, Forrest's striking style is not like Machida's, nor does Machida have Forrest's size and reach. It doesn't make Forrest better or worse, I'm just comparing how each matched up with Rashad.

great coach great camp strong work ethic plus blacksplosivetalented= don't underestimate dasuga

hes my favorite striker to watch, not overrated at all.  undefeated light heavyweight world champion-tuf heavyweight champion.

ha

GladiatorGannon -
goku - ok...the most recent fight was against forrest...where clearly rashad was losing the standup battle...is machida inferior to forrest in terms of striking?

no. bascially forrest now tries to be what machida is...that technical, elusive striker that mixes things up

didn't he drop forest during that fight, leading to the stoppage on the ground?

dropping someone like that IS winning the stand up.

He didnt drop him fool. He tripped him. Forrest was tooling him standing, won both of the first two rounds and was winning the standup in the third until he got tripped. After that, Rashad pounced and put him away because Forrest is vulnerable to good GnP. But rashad was getting easily beaten standing.

Arguably - besides the 2 rounds that Rahsad KTFO of his opponents, he hasn't won a round in a long time. He lost the first 2 to Forrest, and as I recall, he lost the first to Chuck.

So the TS has a point, it is not like Rashad is picking apart people with his striking. He got the 1 punch KO on Liddell, and beat Forrest up on the ground. Machida consistently dominates everyone on the feet.

In fact, Matt Hamill has a much greater history of picking apart people with his stand up than Rashad.

It's not his striking, but his defense. He's fast and hard to damage.

"

You described every fighter in the most vague of terms. Practically, Forrest's striking style is not like Machida's, nor does Machida have Forrest's size and reach. It doesn't make Forrest better or worse, I'm just comparing how each matched up with Rashad. "

hmmm...no not really...chuck? no...vanderlei? no...tito? no....rampage? no....shogun...arguably....

" it means winning a whole round or multiple rounds that involves a lot of striking"

None of Lyoto's fights involve a "lot" of striking. I imagine Rashad could engage for three seconds per round and come out on top as well, if that's how he wanted to play it. The difference is when he gets his one punch in he KOs the guy.

No one today beats Machida at 205.  No one.

DannyOcean - 
GladiatorGannon -
goku - ok...the most recent fight was against forrest...where clearly rashad was losing the standup battle...is machida inferior to forrest in terms of striking?

no. bascially forrest now tries to be what machida is...that technical, elusive striker that mixes things up

didn't he drop forest during that fight, leading to the stoppage on the ground?

dropping someone like that IS winning the stand up.

He didnt drop him fool. He tripped him. Forrest was tooling him standing, won both of the first two rounds and was winning the standup in the third until he got tripped. After that, Rashad pounced and put him away because Forrest is vulnerable to good GnP. But rashad was getting easily beaten standing.

reading comprehension a problem for you? i wasn't sure, so i asked.

fool

classy post. after you learn to read, you might want to start with your own Terms of Service.

i don't understand where these people come from that they think this is acceptable behavior.

... fool is a common term.

lol, sure you were just asking. That's why you followed it up with the statement "dropping someone like that IS winning the stand up."

Also, don't get your feeling all hurt because I said fool. It's a half-joking comment, fool! See what i did there? I didn't think it was possible to take a Mr. T slogan seriously. It's not meant to get you all emotional and ZOMG and talking about unacceptable behavior on the interwebs.

Fighter =/= immune from criticism and some light name-calling. Lighten up yo.

(fool)

how dare u call respected forum member and legend slayer a fool

Yeah, his striking is overrated if you leave out the fact HE NEVER GETS HIT SOLID!

IMO defense is more important than offense when it comes to standup. Rashad has some of the best head movement and footwork in the sport. Machida does as well. Not surprisingly, they are both undefeated.

DannyOcean -

It's not meant to get you all emotional and ZOMG and talking about unacceptable behavior on the interwebs.

Fighter =/= immune from criticism and some light name-calling. Lighten up yo.

LOL now who is getting butt hurt? practice what you preach. and if you can't take it yourself, don't try and dish it out.