rashad's striking WAYYYY overrated

double

the legend

Sean you should be on Mayhem's new show...Do you want contact info?

Jason Lambert, Sean Salmon, Forrest Griffin and Chuck Liddell disagree with this thread.

Sean Salmon was lighting Rashad up.

It's much better than anyone Machida's fought in the UFC. And LOL at Forrest beating his ass. Rashad didn't have a mark on his face afterwards.

Also, Forrest has out-struck everyone he fought in the UFC lately. How do you know he wouldn't do that to Lyoto?

JoeTheWildRover - Sean you should be on Mayhem's new show...Do you want contact info?

please and thanks :)

goku - actually...forrest is a very similar striker to machida..he tries to be very technical, get hit as little as possible, use footwork, use kicks punches and knees and dont put a lot of power behind the strikes

yes, forrest is much bigger, but he is also much slower and less technical than machida

Forrest def doesn't have Machida's speed, but Lyoto isn't that much faster. IMO, Forrest has way more technical MT too

gannon- any threads you can link where you talk about everything regarding that fight (your impressions of kimbo, how you felt going in, what do you think his corner was up to, how do you think your seconds handled it, when did you know you were going to win, was anyone clearly packing, etc...)? thanks and respect

im watching it again for the first time in years and i think the whole thing is f'ng fascinating

double

"when is the last time rashad has had a SUSTAINED successful striking period during a match?"

This is why I would never put money on Rashad. He's always losing or almost losing all his fights, then miraculously pulls out a win. Sometime soon he won't pull out the win.

He is a wrestler, but his striking has come a loooooooooooong way. Already has more KO's in the UFC than machida who's been striking his entire life. By fight time he'll be even better.

Ausgepicht - I think he has improved. I think he will do well (far better than many have) and possibly even win.

I agree.