Ratchet strapped son's new mattress to roof

and fucked up the spring inside. The guy at mattress firm who sold it to me mentioned nothing to me about the possibility of it being damaged if I used the ratchet strap that I showed him. The woman I called this AM is unsure what to do since that’s not their area of expertise and their no liability policy if not delivered. I presented my case being that if the guy who has knowledge of the product had even suggested it was a possibility of it being damaged that I would have waited the extra few days for the delivery we had initially discussed. I made sure to mention it was for my 6 yr old son and if not I wouldn’t have been bothering her. She said she’ll call me back.

Tommy Dewey Waiting GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

EDIT!! THEY ARE DOING ME A SOLID AND REPLACING IT!!

3 Likes

Did you fuck his girl too ???

6 Likes

My son doesn’t have a girlfriend, yet…

2 Likes

So not yet?

3 Likes

Be honest, you really damaged it banging on it with your buddies wife

2 Likes

7 Likes

Well - I’d accept responsibility. You bought a mattress and declined their professional delivery and decided you could do it just as well. You didn’t deliver it in a safe or secure manner that protected the product and now want them to handle it.

Certainly if I was you I would go back and ask if they can help, get a credit, or something, but I wouldn’t expect anything of them.

12 Likes

They have 0 legal liability… Sorry.

But maybe they’ll be nice who knows… most furniture stores are known for being dickheads though.

4 Likes

Think this is going to be a case of “you strapped it to your car, it’s on you”

5 Likes

You can always go complain on twitter.

6 Likes

America: not taking responsibility for our own actions one person at a time

3 Likes

I read it as “Ratchet strapped son to roof”

7 Likes

This is what I’m hoping for. I’m not expecting anything.

I declined the delivery only because I found a strap in my car and the professional who is supposed to be knowledgeable on their product told me, “that should work.” I definitely wouldn’t have moved it like I did had he suggested I might damage the mattress.

1 Like

100%. I just figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask and I’m putting a bit of it on their guy encouraging me to strap it to my roof. She told me the liability thing at first and then when I explained my reasoning and what led to the event she said she’d look into it and call me back later. I will mention that they sent me a text asking for a review and I would love to leave them a great one.

1 Like

8 Likes

It’s always worth asking.

2 Likes

Did he help you put it on the car roof or tighten/ratchet the strap down?

I hope everything works out.

And it likely could have worked, but you probably fucked up the execution of it.

1 Like

Thanks. Nah, that would make them liable.

Animated GIF