rate FRANKLINS performance....

myself i wasnt impressed at all..he came out throwing slow punches and Lutter cli8nched and took him to the ground and ended up mounting him..a few seconds later Lutter had a very tight armbar but franklin escaped...Lutter was pretty much gassed at this point though so franklin was lucky....the 2nd round Franklin avoided a few takedowns attempts(if you can call them that) and he peppered lutter with punches..at about a minute into the 2nd round though it looked like franklin was noticeably tired, he looked at the clock for piss sake!!wtf was up with that??anyways, franklin kept throwing punches which had little power to them..Lutter was just gassed so he fell over and that was that...

Franklin had better train jharder for his next fight...we all know SIlva will beat him again but guys like hendo and lindland would hurt him as well...i see him having no answer for a strong wrestler like hendo...

Yeah, fucking terrible to be able to get out from under mount and a deep armbar sunk in by a BJJ blackbelt and then kick the piss out of him.

^^^i give him props for escaping the armbar but besides that, a fifth grader could have dropped lutter with as tired as he was..the guy couldnt even stand up..if you think Franklins devestating strikes were the main determing factor in lutter dropping, you are nuts..

PeterIrl - Yeah, fucking terrible to be able to get out from under mount and a deep armbar sunk in by a BJJ blackbelt and then kick the piss out of him.

Agreed...that was a sweet escape from that armbar...I thought the fight was over and he pulled that off.  Way to go Franklin!

I agree about Hendo giving Franklin problems, but I don't agree that his performance was not impressive. Lutter is a dangerous fighter and Rich won. It may not have been pretty, but what BJJ BB gives an opponent an opportunity to look pretty? Rich did a great job wearing Lutter down and was able to correct his one big mistake.

[quote]Bry Bry - ^^^i give him props for escaping the armbar but besides that, a fifth grader could have dropped lutter with as tired as he was..the guy couldnt even stand up..if you think Franklins devestating strikes were the main determing factor in lutter dropping, you are nuts..[/quote]

I bet you're one of the same guys that thought Rich's gnp on McDonald wasn't anything special either, until it turned out that he'd beaten "the athlete" temporarily blind in one eye.

Wake up and smell the coffee man.

Franklins performance against b-level fighter mcdonald wasnt impressive either....Franklins strikes just arent powerful or fast enough for my taste....he isnt dangerous in any one area imo...

Solid performance. I still can't believe he escaped that arm bar.

Lutter made Anderson Silva & Matt Lindland look bad in there fights too.

He didn't look particularly energetic. Could be Lutter, could be coming off of the loss to Silva. WE'll have to see how he does in his next fight.

I thought Franklin looked awesome last night! Slick on the ground and good standup. I thought Lutter was gonna win pre fight and was impressed again by Ace.

Nothing negative to say about Franklin but Lutter seriously needs to get a conditioning coach.