Rate My fat a@@ Workout

Here is my workout that I've been doing of late and some details. First and foremost, I am FAT. I'd an ideal "before" picture. I weighted 190 when I started. I should be at most 170, but better off at 160 for my body. Started working out 2.5 weeks back.

My Workout:

15 minutes on elliptical, heart rate ranging from 150 to 165 by the end of the time.

45 minutes on Treadmill. This is a little more difficult to explain. I'm doing interval training with a 1 minute "sprint", followed by 4 minutes of walking.

Speed of my "sprint" varies from 7 mph to 8.5 and I make sure the treadmill is at that speed for the entire 60 second (no cheating time). Heart rate gets up 175 during this time. Eval is at 1.5 for this part.

Speed for my walk is 3.5-3.7 and eval at 4.0. Heart rate drops down to 130ish.

Tell me how much of a piece of shit my workout is! I should be lifting also..but I dont. Sometimes I change the workout to have 30 minutes of elliptical and 30 minutes on treadmill if I'm tired or legs hurting from running.

nothing?

Any weights?

You're 170 and fat? Did I read that right?

Are you a dwarf? Phone Post 3.0

You should just do a bodybuilding routine and cut out the running. You'll lose more fat and you'll look better once the fat is lost. Phone Post 3.0

you must be a midget Phone Post 3.0

I weight 185 now. For my body type I should weigh 170, so I'm 15 lbs over.

I don't like lifting, but I know I should

Dont like lifting? wat Phone Post

shootfighterbull - You should just do a bodybuilding routine and cut out the running. You'll lose more fat and you'll look better once the fat is lost. Phone Post 3.0

This Phone Post

fuck all that running. you need to lift some weights and build a little muscle. that will get your metabolism up and burn more calories.
and eat right.

keep up that routine and you'll be on suicide watch pretty soon. You need to mix it up or you will get bored in a month. lift some weights, go for a hike, get an athletic hobby, something (or all of that).

and eat better.

also, 15lbs over the preferred weight for your height is not fat, it's portly.

I do mix it up..it's just one I like doing.

Wife hasn't killed me...doubt a treadmill will!

You need to lift, its not even negotiable.. You dont need to lift big or even get huge, but building up your muscles increases metabolism and burns fat better than anything else, 3 days a week, concentrate on compound excercises ie; squats, deads, rows, bench press, military press, dips, pull ups... day of lifting followed by a day of cardio repeat those two days three times per week... Clean your diet up. Drink a gallon lf water per day.. Enjoy life Phone Post

And your intervals for running will kill you.. dont sprint jog, longer periods of time jogging shorter periods of time walking, (I currently do a 5min warmup walk, followed by 3x5min runs @10.5km/h with a 1 min walk between each run, then a 5 min warm down I travel over 4km in 30mins... Phone Post

stop telling me thing I know!!!

kungfugrip - stop telling me thing I know!!!

then if you know it...DO IT!

kungfugrip - Here is my workout that I've been doing of late and some details. First and foremost, I am FAT. I'd an ideal "before" picture. I weighted 190 when I started. I should be at most 170, but better off at 160 for my body. Started working out 2.5 weeks back.

My Workout:

15 minutes on elliptical, heart rate ranging from 150 to 165 by the end of the time.

45 minutes on Treadmill. This is a little more difficult to explain. I'm doing interval training with a 1 minute "sprint", followed by 4 minutes of walking.

Speed of my "sprint" varies from 7 mph to 8.5 and I make sure the treadmill is at that speed for the entire 60 second (no cheating time). Heart rate gets up 175 during this time. Eval is at 1.5 for this part.

Speed for my walk is 3.5-3.7 and eval at 4.0. Heart rate drops down to 130ish.

Tell me how much of a piece of shit my workout is! I should be lifting also..but I dont. Sometimes I change the workout to have 30 minutes of elliptical and 30 minutes on treadmill if I'm tired or legs hurting from running.

Just doing cardio isn't going to do shit with the level of effort you're putting in.

Try intermittent fasting, it worked for me. I lost 15lbs just by following IF and I only go to the gym maybe once or at most twice a week. Google leangains for example.

Eat only between 12pm-8pm. Meaning don't eat after 8pm and skip breakfast(first meal of the day is at noon).

Also what is your diet like?

If you eat like shit you're going to look like shit

thanks guys...peer pressure is working. Going to start lifting. Light to start and work my way into it.

Regarding my diet...there is my biggest problem. Working to clean it up.

Thanks

Stop doing cardio and start lifting, all you are doing, even if you clean up your diet, is becoming a smaller fat person.