Rate the Last Movie you Saw. 1-10

Enola Holmes 2 (2022)

spoilers below

First 2 acts were fun, last act turned “woke” and it went to shit. They made the villain, Professor Moriaty a black woman and the very end, Holmes gets a knock at his door and he is introduced to Dr. Watson, who is an Indian actor. It’s become tiresome and tedious. It’s not edgy, it’s boring and trite. Grow up. Went from a 4 out of 5, to a 2.5. I won’t watch anymore of these films.

Netflix

4 Likes

5/10

1 Like

Bullet Train- 8.5/10 rewatched on Netflix, just a great, slick/stylish action movie. I know I’m higher on it than most, my boys were addicted Thomas the Tank engine for about a year straight, so that adds a lot to the humor for me.

5 Likes

BulletProof with Gary Bussey, a 10! I still call people Butt Horn!

1 Like

Guillermo Del Toro’s Pinnochio

8/10

Not for young children. A darker, but well done, take on the story. Thought it was brilliant how the aesthetic made it look like the characters were all carved from wood.

5 Likes

Dude we hust became bros.

Bird season’s over butthorn! (Bbbbrrrrrrttt)
He was the OG McBain. Sad contemplating sax playing Busey on the beach is the tops.

1 Like

OSS 117: Cairo, Nest of Spies 9/10

OSS 117: Lost in Rio 8/10

Found these on Prime their French but have subtitles…
Think James Bond meets Mr.Bean meets Inspector Clouseau meets Austin Powers and Borat

2 Likes

5/10

Started out alright then took some weird turns and came across as a straight to DVD type movie. The trailer tricked me on this one.

2 Likes

Clerks 3-2/10 . Clerks doesnt even hold up that well imo

2 Likes

Bullet train 7/10… Was a hell of a ride. Don’t know if it would hold up for a second viewing but that first viewing was fun as fuck.

6 Likes

Banshees of Inisherin (HBOMax) - 7/10

Not as good as In Bruges but still very much the same feel and intriguing. Gleesons character was a little ridiculous and made no sense at all some of the time though.

1 Like

The Baytown Outlaws
7/10

2 Likes

Nothing special but a good little action flick. CGI was well done. Idris can carry any film.

Only complaint the night scenes were hard to see. Too dark. It kinda reminded me of Cujo in some scenes. Which is a compliment.

6/10

3 Likes

Road Trip- 7 out of 10… good old comedy from the 90s…

4 Likes

Miracle on 34th Street (1994)

3/10

The entire subplot with the mom and the neighbor is so fucking weird.

So when I saw this as a kid, I always figured the mom and the neighbor were boyfriend/girlfriend and then got married at the end.

Watching it now, it doesn’t even appear they were even dating until he asks her out. Then on their first date he tries to propose to her LOL.

Apocalypse Now: Final 10/10

Best road trip film ever

apocalypse now photojournalist GIF

6 Likes

6/10… fun little action/comedy/mystery.

4 Likes

Where the Crawdads Sing (2022)
6/10

I’m not really sure what to make of this movie. It was just entertaining enough for me to keep watching. The actors/actresses did fine, but its simply not that riveting of a story. My wife thought it was a tear-jerker. The “catch” at the end was kinda cool, I guess.

All in all, it wasn’t bad, I just didn’t think it was great either.

5 Likes

i enjoyed it, i think earlier i gave it a 7/10
watching the trailer i was not even sure what it was about, i found it dragged a bit but overall really enjoyed it

1 Like