Rate the Last Movie you Saw. 1-10

Black Adam

5/10

The FX were cool and I liked how merciless Black Adam was. That being said, the villain sucked and support characters relatively unlikeable. Also, the Rock’s monotone delivery got boring. Seems like they were trying to use the T2 formula and failed.

Bullet Train 5/10

A bit over the top and not in a great way. I wish Americans knew how to make action movies and stop trying to mix comedy into every single fucking thing.

Gareth Evans directing this movie would have been incredible

2 Likes

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

He directed John Wick, Deadpool 2, Fastand Furious Hobbs and Shaw…you should’ve known what you were signing up for….

1 Like

From boring to retarded and boring?

1 Like

Was a fun, stylized, summer action movie…i wouldn’t go watch avatar and expect practical effects and jump scare sci-fi…I’d expect CGI, with a healthy dose of preachy messaging about climate change and the evils of capitalism.

1 Like

Black Adam - 5.5/10

I wanted to like this one just to buck the trend but it’s just not that good. DC just can’t seem to find the sauce with big budget movies. They’re like Go Bots to MCU’s Transformers.

I lost interest less than ten minutes in because the opening summary was so generic and you could see the formula starting to play out seconds after. Pretty sure the only reason I finished it is because I’m sitting in an air bnb and HBO is the only app still logged in on the tv in the bedroom.

Some of the action was pretty well done but it was mostly the throwaway stuff where BA was running through badguy cannon fodder. The “musical” sequences were hilariously bad.

The whole movie kinda felt like when they put a movie in another movie or tv show. Like when a character is an actor and they show a clip of a movie the character acts in in that universe.

Lou (2022)

A storm rages. A young girl is kidnapped. Her mother teams up with the mysterious woman next door to pursue the kidnapper, a journey that tests their limits and exposes shocking secrets from their pasts.

6.5/10

Plot is kinda ridiculous, and Jussie Smollett’s sister is a horrible actress (must Runnin the family) but it’s a pretty solid movie.
Logan Marshall Green is like a Great Value Tom Hardy, but he’s in so many good movies.

I watched a movie called “Dual” with the girl who plays Nebula and Aaron Paul.

6ish/10.

Interesting premise and funny in a strange deadpan way.

had no idea that was j-smoll’s sis

can’t remember if i reviewed it here but low expectations helped me out on LOU and i actually found it pretty enjoyable. once people are getting into pubisher’s clearing house age the suspension of disbelief isn’t that different between a lone old man badass and a lone old woman badass.

1 Like

Thank God for Jennifer Lawrence for making it possible for women to be action stars!

But I did like it that they made her a CIA spy instead of a military badass, especially since the movie takes place in the 80s

1 Like

Drag me to hell. 7/10. Above average modern campy horror.

4 Likes

It was ok

Mindhunters (2004)

Trainees in the FBI’s psychological profiling program must put their training into practice when they discover a killer in their midst.

9/10

I’ve seen this movie a hundred times and it always holds up. A few plot holes, poor decisions from characters, and bad accents, but it’s a great movie.

6 Likes

Did you watch the show? 2 seasons out, it’s awesome.

Haven’t seen it.
It’s not related to the movie, right?
I looked up the description, set in the 70s so I don’t love that, but I’ll give it a chance.

1 Like

Give it a go. Bet you dig it.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Violent Night is out on torrent sites

3 Likes

Anyone watched it yet? I’m hoping it’s decent, because all the other movies fucking suck.

1 Like

Mindcage: 6 or 7/10: it’s pretty much Hannibal and Fallen mixed into one movie. Has Martin Lawrence. Not the best movie, but not the worst. Better than some of the new shit movies I’ve watched lately.

1 Like