Rate UFC July

Biggest month of fights I’ve seen out the UFC in a long time.

I’m pretty interested in around twenty fights. There are some damn good fights booked but there is no Khabib vs Conor or Gaethje, Jones vs DC, GSP vs Hendricks, Fedor vs Crocop, Oliveira vs Makhachev level mega fight booked to me.

How do you rate it overall, on paper?

UFC Fight Night Quick Card

UFC 290 Quick Card

UFC 291 Quick Card

6/10. And I’m that generous only because of the last card.

2 Likes

Shit, awesome, shit, ok, awesome.

5.5/10 overall.

1 Like

I feel like the UFC should cut down on fight nights and make killer, big cards again.

Or cut down on big names on fight nights atleast

1 Like

Honestly don’t think either of those PPV cards are truly “stacked”, even for today’s standards.

Some interesting fights though.

It’s funny that there was a time where some of us thought PPVs were being watered down when they had around 12-15 smaller events a year.

I really wish that was the case these days though.

If they could just do a PPV every month and add a Fight Night every month too, they would be able to stack the hell out of cards.

2 Likes

I mean the cards aint great, but I cant complain because Im just gonna stream them anyway.
I will actually pay for Francis’ card, whenever that is.
Im mot giving Dana any of money though.

If we could wipe the Holly Holm card off the face of the earth 6/10. I am pumped for UFC 291, though.

The UFC brass has to be making Dana put at least one women’s headliner per month.

1 Like

They cannot.

Fairly certain they have minimum content requirements under the ESPN broadcasting deal for them to be paid in full.

Also fairly certain this was the main driver behind Dana and his “heroic” push to be the first sport back during COVID.

There will be no going back at this point.

2 Likes

I currently give Dana $15/month for everything.

Best I can do.

2 Likes

290/291 has my little chub harder than Angela hills chub. And I love her chub.

1 Like

Yeah, I know.

Definitely understand that it’s just the way it is from here on out.

If anything, there will be more cards, which will lead to more random matchups being spread out onto every card.

Just imagining how great it would be with only around 24-30 cards a year.

1 Like

UFC/ONE/PFL/RIZIN/Bellator/KSW pump out like 120 cards a year, maybe like 140 if you want to count DWCS so thats like almost 2,000 fights a year from the big promotions.

UFC has like 600 fighters under contract.

The era of 24 big UFC and PRIDE cards a year is long gone.

I think everyone would like a supercard once in a while but its just more profitable for them to put on “bad” cards on paper that turn out to often be exciting and put on good cards and just let supercards be a thing of the past.

If UFC can put five great fights on a card and sell 1M PPV buys then why would they put ten great fights on that card and sell 1.13M PPV’s just to keep the hardcores happy at twice the cost?

The supercard era is over.

Sean Strickland shouldn’t main event any card ever. Dropped down straight from there.

OP should have clarified. Everyone expect Barry rate UFC in July

The fight nights are straight. The PPV’s are great