Ray Lewis To UFC???

First Floyd Mayweather signs with the WWE, now MediaTakeOut.com is hearing whispers that NFL's Ray Lewis is close to signing on to the Ultimate Fighting Championship mixed martial arts league.

According to a person who works at U.F.C., the Baltimore Ravens star linebacker and the league have been negotiating for months and are close to closing the deal. The insider told MediaTakeOut.com, "Ray Lewis was an All-American wrestler in high school, and he's just an all around bad a**. He'll fit in perfectly here."

And the insider claims that the deal wouldn't interfere with Ray's NFL career. He explained to MediaTakeOut.con, "We're not looking to sign him on full-time, just a match or two a year - and he can handpick the opponent ... He has such a big name that it will do wonders for the sport."

Developing...

Was Operation Fluffy Blanket a success?

March 2, 2008 – 6:49 pm by fightlinker

We’ve been covering the UFC’s plan to turf Andrei Arlovski and sweep him quietly out of the league for a while now. Overall the planning for Operation Fluffy Blanket was impressive: bench Arlovski for nearly a year, then have his last contracted fight on the undercards against Jake O’Brien, a guy who’s proven himself to be a top notch lay-n-prayer. Of course, there was one wild card in all this: Andrei Arlovski.

I was really hoping that Andrei would come in and rip O’Brien’s head off. But while Arlovski won the fight, he spent all but the last 15 second of the fight on his back or pressed against the cage. Impressive, it was not. So does that mean the UFC’s operation was a success?

While it wasn’t the grand slam it would have been had Jake O’Brien managed to eke out a decision, it was still pretty successful. Quite simply, Andrei looked bad. Even the finish was weaksauce: Andrei threw a couple sloppy punches and then basically pleaded with the ref to have the fight ended. Wherefore art thou, angry ass kicking Russian of yesteryear???

If Andrei is willing to re-sign with the UFC, he’s not going to get any negotiating leverage out of that performance. Of course, the general word floating around is Arlovski has no intention of coming back to the UFC. And if that’s the case, the UFC did a good job wrecking his value before releasing him into the wild. Operation: Successful.

I heard he signed yesterday.

The Ravens are cool with it too. They don't mind jeopardizing their $75 million investment.

Back to the basement! Mom will bring down your supper in a little bit.

MAHM! I WANT MY FUCKIN MEAT LOAF!

how did they know about operation: fluffy blanket? This was supposed to be super duper classified!